Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Llandegla Enduro Night Race
  • Dark-Side

Mini Enduro have just announced a night race at Llandegla on 1st Feb. Practice in the day then the three stages when sun sets.

Llandegla Night Enduro

I will most certainly be bringing up the rear, but it should be a good fun.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I just signed up , should be fun mincing round in the dark 😀

p7rich
    Free Member

Just the QECP guys are doing likewise.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Just signed up too, should be fun.

antares
    Free Member

Quite interested in this but never done anything like it before. I’ve noticed it asks you to seed yourself from 1 (fastest) to 5 (slowest). I consider myself ok on a bike so should I just stick myself down as 3? Does it really matter that much?

Karl33to
    Free Member

The ranking doesn’t really matter too much, it’s just to give them a rough idea of running order so they can try and reduce the amount of riders caught/overtaken by the person behind.
    The standard of riders who compete is generally pretty good so even the 4’s and 5’s will be fairly quick.

antares
    Free Member

5 it is then 🙂

xcneil
    Free Member

I’ve entered, cant wait to go tearing around degla in the dark !

Dark-Side

If the weather is anything like it was last night, it’ll make for some interesting racing. Might take my canoe instead of the bike.

scottfitz
    Free Member

or snowboard 😈

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Don’t be too modest with your ranking or you could end up kicking yourself. Just my two cents 😉

Northwind

I quite like that seeding system, it won’t be perfect but then neither is any of the other methods.

Too far for me but it’ll be a blast, night races are ace- properly brings home the ridiculousness of it all.

jeffm
    Free Member

I’ll be in for this. I’m going for the hardtail category.

Madfly
    Free Member

Any accomodation suggestions?

Dark-Side

You’d be best with somewhere in either Chester or Wrexham Madfly.

jeffm
    Free Member

Bump.
    Anyone else in for this?
    I’m in and prepped, mega lights setup tested.

kimbers

its the wifes birthday so cant make it 🙁

shame as its one of the few places thatll hold up in the wet at the moment!

jeffm
    Free Member

Looking windy, wet and possibly some snow.

Dark-Side

Looking forward to it, though I don’t think we are in for the best conditions. Still, it should make for a good leveller if we are racing in the snow!

edward2000
    Free Member

Im in. Not sure if i should ride the course before i race it though. I’ve ridden degla loads of times, so unless the course has changed? Thoughts?

jeffm
    Free Member

I’m having the same thought, don’t think I really need a sighting lap to know the course, but I’m tempted to go an ride a bit to get my eye in and get ready for trying to ride fast.

Dark-Side

Bugger, postponed until March!

Dark-Side

Everyone up for this then? Its looking like the weather might play nice this time!

schnor
    Free Member

Will probably pop over the tops / offas dyke path and spectate somewhere until burger o’clock. GL and HF to everyone taking part 🙂

kimbers

too early to ask how it went?

nonk
    Free Member

It was ace Kimbers top event.
    Stage two didn’t record any times but it didn’t spoil the event, chris looked proper gutted about it to be fair.
    I crashed me brains out on stage one but that’s racing eh 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Great event. The trails are more fun to ride at night than in the day. Shame about stage 2 though.

Managed 1st in hardtail cat too. 🙂

edward2000
    Free Member

Gutted about stage 2 I thought that was my best stage. My lights cocked up on 1 and my chain came off on 3. Great fun though, it was well organised and I’d definitely do it again.

oldschool

Have results been posted anywhere yet? Checked one planet and couldn’t see anything.

Dark-Side

Really good fun. I got up there late due to family commitments and had to race the course blind. Took a big spill on stage one, immediately after realising my helmet mounted light was loose! I did much better on stages 2&3 so it’s a shame the timing issue didn’t happen on stage 1! These things happen though, and it didn’t spoil the event. I hope it’s going to be an annual thing.

Dark-Side

Results were posted on Twitter.

kimbers

Sad I couldn’t race but I’m very much over enduro races where they screw up the timing

refund ! you only got 2 out of 3 stages you paid for that should be entitled to a third of your entry fee back !

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla Enduro Night Race’ is closed to new replies.