Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Llandegla conditions?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

We are going up there on Sunday morning and have never been before. Anything I should look out for? And what’s the ground like? All hard pack or rocky?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dull…..sorry it’s a reflex.

curlie467
    Free Member

The conditions are fine up there, ground is mostly hardpack, the start of the red run that goes out of the forest is rocky and very bumpy at the moment, battered me to death on the hardtail a couple of weeks ago!

bigyim
    Free Member

I’m on a scandal so I think I might get the same treatment. Not that dull is it?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Nah, it’s great fun despite what people say on here, you can blast around and not be caught out by a cliff or something that might otherwise be in the way.

Even when it’s been raining for a week Llandegla is fine for riding, it’s hardpack as others have said and seems to drain well.

Enjoy!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Even after heavy rain/snow it’s still rideable so it should be perfect now

Bregante

as above, it’s as good as you make it. Definitely more fun on a HT at speed

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Plus, there’s also the skills area and pump track which are always nice to have a go on at the start or finish.

lowey

Busy. It will be HEAVING.

Went the other week and even the overflow car park was nearly full.

Never ever seen so many bikers in one place.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Strangely I’ve seen the car parks absolutely heaving but very few people out on the actual trails. They must all have been in the cafe having a fry up. 🙂

Chris-S
    Free Member

I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago…………..

It was a bit Dull in places ………….or at least not very testing in others . but good for pushing your stamina on the climbs.

However I have heard there are some good ‘off piste’ parts – but you would probably need a guide.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla conditions?’ is closed to new replies.