Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Llandegla closures, worth a visit?
  • stuhawk
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Llandegla on Monday, I’ve checked the website but the closures don’t mean a lot to me as I’ve never been before. I’m travelling from Birmingham so it’s quite a journey. Is it still going to be worth my while?

richellicott
    Free Member

I was up there 2 weeks ago. Its still worth heading over. The B-line that is closed is one of the highlights but you can still make a good day of it by combining the majority of the red and bits of black run. I just went around the longest open stretch and then went around the blue afterwards to make the most of it.
    Although I only live 8 miles from it so it never feels like a chore to go there like it would driving over from Birmingham

funkrodent

You should be fine. The B-Line is (an admittedly quite good) optional section of black that runs off from the main Red Loop. The blue loop seems to be closed but is extremely vanilla and I doubt you’d be making the trip for that!

So you have the full red loop along with all the optional black bits other than B-Line (ie about 98% of the good stuff). Well worth the visit imo, as trail centres go I like Llandegla (although most of my riding is natural now). If you get bored you can always strike out for Betys-y-Coed and have a crack at Penmachno. One of the closest you’re going to get to a natural trail centre, the short loop is excellent (if a bit wet at times) with some of the best fast, gnarly, technical singletrack descents I’ve done, bar none.

vickypea
    Free Member

I reckon it’s still with the trip even without the B-line. Last time we were there, we did all the available black trails, had lunch and then went round again.

orangesoul
    Free Member

Don’t forget the cafe is normally closed on a Monday so no coffee and cake post ride.

SOAP
    Free Member

Can you still push-up the bank and then do the B-line?

poah
    Free Member

that sucks, I was planning on taking my son to Llandegla next week as I’m visiting family in Rhyl 🙁 Don’t want to take the bikes down if its going to be shut ( blue route that is).

Milt
    Free Member

Think the blue’s only shut from Rollacoaster to Shotton view (so you miss the most interesting bit). Blue diversion steers you around that on a fireroad & you’ll rejoin around Shotton view. Is definitely open from offas dyke/ w66

map

poah
    Free Member

that’s not bad – I checked out the skills, freeride and pump track so there is plenty he can do

coolhandluke
    Free Member

So, great planning, they shut the blue on half term, nice one guys!

mmel
    Free Member

So, great planning, they shut the blue on half term, nice one guys!

Yeah, don’t think they planned to shut it, and it’s not like there isn’t alternatives… 🙄

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite like Llandegla, but if you’re missioning it over from Brum I’d head to CYB which I really enjoyed when I went in January.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla closures, worth a visit?’ is closed to new replies.