Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Llandegla – appropriate for a novice SSer?
  • Duffer
    Free Member

Weather permitting, i’ll be heading up to Llandegla next weekend. I’m wondering whether it’s wise to take the SS or not? I’m an experienced rider (although i’ve not ridden Llandegla before) with a reasonable degree of fitness – for reference, we tend to complete Cannock in around 1:50.

I’d love to take the SS along, but i’m concerned i’d be biting off more than i can chew. To date, the only proper trail i’ve ridden with the SS is Sherwood Pines!

What say you, STW community?

Nick

You’ll be fine

pop-larkin
    Free Member

We were there last weekend and I was fine on a Ss and I ain’t super fit- pushed up a couple of bits but loads of gearies did to!

thepodge
    Free Member

Only reason I didn’t take mine last weekend was I couldn’t be bothered to swap pedals.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

You,ll only get fitter! Do some self harm.

Duffer
    Free Member

SS it is, then! Assuming Snowmagedon doesn’t put the brakes on…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are some steep pinchy climbs on the new black but most of it is flowing.. The worst that could happen is you push.

br
    Free Member

You’ll be fine, but make sure you’ve your walking/pushing shoes…

fivespot
    Free Member

Llandegla – appropriate for a novice SkierS ?

It will be this weekend 😆

timc
    Free Member

not sure why you would want to push up something you could ride up on another bike, weird…

Keef
    Free Member

if Pop can do it,you’ll be fine,he’s like really old,like hundreds an that…

simondbarnes

It’s perfectly fine around there on a singlespeed, even for a fat knacker like me. Don’t recall having to do any walking/pushing.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

I ride my SS round Llandegla no problems and I’m a bit of an unfit choddy, if its your first trip the climb immediately out of the car park is one of the toughest and don’t be put off by the first long climb. It’s a bit of slog but probably about 70% of all the climbing.

Doubt you’ll be riding Llandegla this weekend, even once access is sorted there will no doubt be fallen trees on the trails.

Deffo shut today

tazzymtb

It’s easy peasy on a ss all the climbs are do-able even the black run ones. You’ll be fine.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I got stuck in the 3rd ring for an entire lap once as my other two were bent. That hurt but i made it round.

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve ridden it in a wedding dress, you’ll be fine!

P.S it was my stag do not my usual weekend attire!

taxi25
    Free Member

It might be a bit off the wall, but as Llandegla is a mountainbike centre why not take a mountainbike ?

Mountain bike construction differs from a typical bicycle in many ways. The most noticeable differences are the inclusion of suspension on the frame and fork, larger knobby tires, more durable heavy duty wheels, more powerful brakes, and lower gear ratios needed for steep grades with poor traction.

If you’ve got to ask why bother.

stever
    Free Member

Oh I don’t know, it’s quite fun on a cross bike. There’s no law against it is there?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Rigid SS is where it’s at for ‘degla 😉

tazzymtb

Rigid SS is where it’s at for ‘degla

most definitely, as long as you enjoy it.

otherwise a full travel multiple geared boingy effort is where its at..and you can enjoy that instead.

main bit is the word Enjoy otherwise why bother 😀

Duffer
    Free Member

It might be a bit off the wall, but as Llandegla is a mountainbike centre why not take a mountainbike ?

You’re not from around here, are you?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – appropriate for a novice SSer?’ is closed to new replies.