Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Llandegla Ale & Food Of The None Flat Roof Variety
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Now I love a Stella fuelled head butting compo as much as the next man! but recommend me a less salubrious place for my more delicate compadres.

Some classy shiteholes in Coedpoeth 😆

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

If you can get to Mold try the Fat Boar. Highly recommended.

tillydog
    Free Member

recommend me a less salubrious place for my more delicate compadres.

You sure?

uponthedowns
    Free Member
    chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ tillydog – Just being daft.

No shitholes thank you please!

tomparker
    Free Member

Nip over the pass to Llangollen. Corn Mill and The Sun Trevor are nice. PJ who runs the Sun rides.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Try the Tyn-y-Capel in Minera – its a community owned pub just down the road, when I popped in at Xmas it had a nice selection of real ales.

tillydog
    Free Member

The Moors Inn is close to Llandegla trail centre and is friendly and OK for a pint. I haven’t eaten there, but the food looked decent. (Honest pub grub, rather than poncey gastro stuff.)

It’s the one on the crossroads where the A525 crosses the B5430 about 1.5 miles east from the turn-off to OPA.

You can easily ride to it from the trail centre – follow the gravel road that continues straight on where you would fork right by the orange barriers at the entrance to OPA and turn left when you hit the B5430. Pub is ~500yds on left. About 10 mins by bike and only the last 500yds has any traffic.

Anyone tried the Crown near Llandegla village (about 2 miles west of the turn off, at the lights where the A5104 crosses the A525)?

slowoldman

The Raven, Llanarmon-yn-Ial; The Druid, Llanferres; We Three, Loggerheads.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

The Hand in Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog. Or The Pheasant in Pontfadog. Bit further away though.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ tomparker – Yeah been in the Corn Mill not The Sun though, wrong direction for us this time round.

@ slowoldman – The Raven was/is a strong contender.

@ disco_stu – Has made the short list.

Some solid recommendations thanks. Turns out there is some decent places nearbyish after all. Driving round you wouldn’t think so! Went past two derelict pubs and the others were proper webbed finger establishments 😆

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Tyn-y-Capel – Picturesque valley location, particularly from the beer garden terrace. Large modern interior (a bit rough round the edges). Ale good enough, didn’t try any food.

Pant-yr-Ochain – Quaint chocolate box location. A large modern gastro pub interior with lots of book shelves! nice conservatory, maybe a touch footballers wives overall! Lovely, extensive, well kept lawned beer garden overlooking a fishing pond. Decent selection of well kept ales. The food was good enough, but just that considering prices charged.

Thought I was on TripAdvisor 😆 I’d go to both places again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla Ale & Food Of The None Flat Roof Variety’ is closed to new replies.