Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Llanbradach & Sirhowy Country Park
  • tovey
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking for a heads up on how to find the trails around these areas. I’m familiar with the cliffs at both places from my climbing days but not really anywhere else. If anyone can point me in the right direction starting at the crags then that would be awesome.

Also if anyone knows of any other good singletrack/DH trails in that area I’d love to know.

cheers

cubemeup
    Free Member

i ride sirhowy (wyllie) regular. PM what u want to know

LoCo
    Free Member

Would offer to take you out but the bike is in bits for sale at the moment. There’s lots of cheeky stuff

cubemeup
    Free Member

what cliffs are u talking about tovey??????

LoCo
    Free Member

Out the carpark down the old railway line on the left I think, hidden by the trees?

cubemeup
    Free Member

what area???

tovey
    Free Member

At Llanbradach they are on the south end of the forest you can reach them from the main road that runs through the village. In Sirhowy they are in the woods behind the car park. Cubemeup, I can forgive you for not knowing about the one in Sirhowy cos its well hidden but Llanbradach… really, its over 60m high and totally massive!

cubemeup
    Free Member

sorry tovey iv lived in the blackwood area for 31 years now and have never seen a cliff to climb.
    im up there most weekends, what area are you coming from?

tovey
    Free Member

I usually come up the A469 from the roundabout at the bottom of the A468 (road up to Caerphilly) and take the left in Llanbradach. The crag is in the woods to the left just as you come into Llanbradach. You can see it quite easily if you are heading south on the A469 from Ystrad but then I suppose you wouldn’t notice it unless you were looking for it. The climbing is pretty good, got some nails stuff including one of only two 7c routes on south wales sandstone.

cubemeup
    Free Member

i will be up sirhowy tomorrow could show u a bit of xc and dh

tovey
    Free Member

Sorry just read your post otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer. I made it to Llanbradach but was knakered by the time I got there and the mud made riding in the forest really hardgoing so I didn’t explore too much. I found a short DH run in Llanbradach thats fallen from grace, I think it was an old dragon downhill trail and by the looks of it it used to be awesome. There’s a felled a tree thats landed in the gap between a big jump at the bottom of it, I might go back with a saw and get rid of some of the branches so the jump is jumpable again. I was watching a video on youtube which looks like the trail used to carry on further, do you know if it stays in the forest or did it used to go into the fields?

Is there much else in that part of the forest?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Llanbradach & Sirhowy Country Park’ is closed to new replies.