Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Llanberis locals……
  • RustySpanner

It’s been nearly two years now.

How are you coping?

As a visitor, I still get all excited and hopeful, only to be left heartbroken yet again when I see it’s still closed.

I miss that chippy, it was high on my list of all time favourites.
    Apart from the customers, nothing soggy or tasteless ever emerged from that place.

We’ve taken the Pete’s gamble twice this week and been pleasantly surprised, but you can’t ride that sort of luck forever.

Sad about the kebab shop too, but Cafe Sam has been recommended by a couple of people.

So, is anyone bothering to reopen the best chippy in North Wales, or should I start on a commemorative plaque?

Ambrose

Pete’s never fails. I’ve been eating there off and on since the early 80s and it never has let me down.

Liver, bacon and onions, with chips and gravy and a mug of tea anyone?

RustySpanner

Sue had that last night!
    Peas as well.

I threw caution to the wind and had a mixed grill.
    🙂

I’ve mixed feelings about the repaint. Some of those stains were like old friends.

jekkyl

have you been up the big hill in the last week rusty? on cyles? pics please!

RustySpanner

Just started walking properly after doing my back in at Christmas.

Walked through the Quarry today, main track through Watford Gap, then along the road for a brew and a bite at Pete’s.
    Back to the hut up the zig zags behind the museum.

Not much, but it’s so good to be out.

Wind was so strong today I wouldn’t wanted to have been on a bike – top of Snowdon, Y Garn and Elidir Fawr got a bit of a pasting earlier.

I’ve never ridden Snowdon – I’d be too scared to try the Ranger, and the big slog up and down the Llanberis path has never looked fun.

I like Telegraph Valley and the bottom bit of the Ranger over to Llyn Cwellyn, either direction.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Llanberis locals……’ is closed to new replies.