Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lizard Grip – lock on Peaty grip – any experiences?
  • singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Just bought a new set of bars and picked up a set of grips in case the old ones don’t come off in one peice/don’t sit on the new bar nicely.

The grips are Lizard Grip Peaty grips – http://shop.lizardskins.com/collections/custom-grips/products/lock-on-peaty-grip

First impressions are that the grips are pretty hard and don’t seem as tacky as my existing grips.

Does anyone use these grips? If so, do you know whether they soften up and/or get grippier?

They feel a bit plasticky and if they’re going to stay like this I’ll probably return them and get something a bit softer for my office hands…

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had a few pairs on different bikes and I always thought they were soft and very tacky. Especially when your hands have warmed them up. I really like them.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Thanks for answering 🙂

Judging by what you’re saying the plastic feeling might be because they just came out of the packet and hadn’t had my sweaty paws round them for very long.

Do they also soften up after a few uses?

I’ve never changed a set of grips before so don’t really know whether there’s a ‘breaking in’ period or how the feel of them changes over use.

orena45

Had Peaty’s on my bikes for years and found them to be hard wearing but plenty grippy enough. Will definitely buy another set when they eventually wear out.

Grippy enough for the man himself too…

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Glad to hear 🙂 I’ll quit my worrying and stick them on the bars tonight…

Thanks for the advice chaps.

twistedpencil

+1 for Peaty’s here as well, my favourite grip by a long way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lizard Grip – lock on Peaty grip – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.