Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LivingSocial.com – what is it?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

There’s a lot in the news about a pretty major hack of LivingSocial. I got an email advising of it too. The thing is, I don’t know what LivingSocial is. I can’t find any other reference to it in my email and certainly don’t remember signing up to it, whatever it may be.

What is it and why would they be emailing me? Are they affiliated with some other site I’m signed into?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, but I know the news. The bit I’m missing is why I’m one of the 50 million “customers” emailed when I don’t even know who they are. Up until 30 minutes ago I didn’t even know what they did. What concerns me is whether some other site I’m signed up to is affiliated to LivingSocial i.e. I’m a “customer” without ever giving them my custom.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piemonster

I’d hazard a guess that somewhere you ordered from online is a partner of living social and shared you details.

nealglover
    Free Member

Are they affiliated with some other site I’m signed into?

Post up a full list of every other site you are signed up with and I’ll let you know ?

😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yup, that’s what I’m thinking, but how on Earth do I work out who? If I need to change a password I need to know which one of many 😯

piemonster

If your really worried, you could report your cards as lost then change all your passwords.

Or just wing it and hope for the best.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Someone told me they own Groupon. I thought they were direct competitors

MrsToast
    Free Member

I think they also are associated with Amazon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LivingSocial.com – what is it?’ is closed to new replies.