Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Living the STW wet dream
  • Kit
    Free Member

Was up this morning at 6am to start my tractor driving training, my chainsaw training, and my tree felling training. In the glorious sunshine. In Scotland.

I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK slightly terrified. Chainsaws are proper scary, and I was only handling a wee one (and the ‘saw).

😆

jimmy

Lets see yer piles, lad.

sandwicheater

You better have a beard!! (Shakes fist in general direction of Scotland)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Are going shopping, it is Wednesday after all?

Is it Buttered Scones for tea?

Are you wearing appropriate PPE. I believe that high heels, suspendies and a bra are the correct attire.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

5 4 3 2 1….
    I’m off to ride my carbon wunder sled running down fat bikers and then 10 big laps on the aero bike to discard gel wrappers over the green and pleasant land. Then I would definitely stand for the US national anthem while going cor look at the knockers on that gay boy….

allan23
    Free Member

Well in proper internet style, does this mean I can ask if you’ll travel to Yorkshire to cut a tree down… for free obviously…. and there might be a TPO to get rid of. {Edit to add that I’m joking…)

Only slightly jealous, enjoy the job, keep wondering if there’s an outdoor career alternative to being an IT desk slave. 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

I believe that high heels, suspendies and a bra are the correct attire.

Just like my dear paw paw?

Actually in kevlar reinforced boots and trousers. Not as glamorous, but just as hard to walk about in to begin with 😉

Edit: I’ll swap some poor chainsawing skills for a logo for my photography business 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Aw, I did some of that in the middle of bloody winter last year. Now stuck in an office staring at a computer screen… where did I go wrong 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

An STW lumberjack couldn’t sleep all night as he’d be high on artisan self roasted coffee. He would however have an ample supply of self cut logs for the woodburner.

Sandwich

Lack of wood pile pics and gratuitous stove references. Not full fat STW yet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP why don’t you contact Stoner for some Health and Safety do’s amd don’ts ?

jimmy

The craft IPA – or in Kit’s case, organic cider – would counteract the artisan coffee.

nickc

d’you put on wimmins’ clothing?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Sounds fantastic. Take your “trail dog” with you?

Enjoy.

Trimix
    Free Member

You wont be smiling when the midges have eaten your face off !

matt_outandabout

Do you have a hipster haircut?

#falsepretences

molgrips
    Free Member

I drove a tractor on my holidays, for the first time 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I can supply tractor, chainsaw, and woodpile photos as necessary. No jeffing hipster drinks or hair styling here; it’s proper work, not poncing about*.
    *I may have ponced a bit as I have the weak arms of a academic 🙁

binners

Mrs Binners recently did her chainsaw course. Has she now out-STW-ed me? 😥

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Nice 1.
    I done city n guilds CS30/31 a while ago. At Invershin, in July, i drank 4L of water per day. Pishd once a day. My trousers were all round protection railway issue, like a duvet around each leg. It was fantastic.
    Keep the saw going, keeps the midges away. Assessment was fine.
    Tractor training that’d be fun.
    good luck.

matt_outandabout

@binners – only if she has Orange 5…

hammyuk
    Free Member

MOAA – she’s got an orange spray tan.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Living the STW wet dream’ is closed to new replies.