Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Living the dream, New bike build (Tallboy LT)
  • twoniner
    Free Member

I have the day off, sun’s shining and I now have all the bits to finish my build. All going well I should be out on it later on.

This was as far as I could get with the build so far…

I’m home for the weekend now and everything’s here waiting for me. 😀

Anyone else got a build on the go for the weekend?

No but having done once before I can’t imagine buying an off the peg bike again – really enjoyed speccing it up.

Just fitted new forks, stem, bars, grips and shock though.

Sweet looking bike – enjoy!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s like a blur but with silly wheels 🙂

Frame up build on the LTc myself – no other way

DanW
    Free Member

Great looking Sc there twoniner 😀

Anyone else got a build on the go for the weekend?

This will be keeping me occupied over the weekend- just finished but a few changes still needed to keep me busy. Very, very happy so can’t resist sharing 😀 All built from new parts for less than the cost of Carbon SC frame.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got to rebuild my road front wheel tonight.
    Last couple of weeks I’ve been losing spokes a bit to often for my liking, so I’m replacing them all.

Set of Sapim Race have just turned up, but annoyingly they’ve got silver nipples (black spokes) when I’d specifically asked for black to go with the black rim and black hub. And I’ve not got time to wait for the mistake to be rectified, so I’ll have mismatching front and rear wheels which is going to do my nut in on the LEL. 🙁

amplebrew

The new bike looks really fantastic.

My last few bikes have been spec’d by myself.

I used to buy off the peg, but then would always end up changing things on it.

It’s also really fun reading up on different components and getting ‘your’ spec absolutely perfect.

Tracey

Going to be stripping some bits of the Enduro for spares to take on our Alps trip

twoniner
    Free Member

This was supposed to be done last weekend. I ordered stuff from CRC and paid for special delivery Saturday but Sat came and nothing. Chased it up and it turns out that last Friday was a bank Hol over there so nothing was picked up on the Fri for dispatch 😕

I got my postage refunded though 😀

Nice Scalpel that DanW. Did you say ‘sod it’ to the rest of the carpet and buy stuff for the bike? 😆

DanW
    Free Member

I said “sod it” to all carpet and bought the cheapest Ikea rug which doesn’t quite go the distance 😆

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Have you got it all built now twoniner? How’s it ride?

Susie
    Free Member

Here’s mine. Just built up by the bike shop. Some bits are off an old bike, the frame and other bits are new. Looking forward to taking it to Wales at the weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Living the dream, New bike build (Tallboy LT)’ is closed to new replies.