Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • living room furniture???
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…
    in the process of decorting the living room and mrs vader has the choice of the new furniture. I get to buy a new bike so its all good 8)
    any recomendations for places for her to look? been through the ikea stuff and she now wants somthing a bit more grown up…

cheers

matt_outandabout

Grown up you say? There is a chap on here with a specific seat that he sells that may fit the bill…

Markie
    Free Member

John Lewis, perhaps? We got ours from there 8 or so years ago and it still looks great! Comfy too!

johndoh
    Free Member

Oak furniture land ( google it) we get all our stuff from there- half the price of M&S yet very good quality still.

T1000
    Free Member

Vitra….. or Artifort…. let mrs Vader shop there and you can have any bike you like…..

daftvader
    Free Member

matt…. i showed her that thread with no luck… unfortunately! 😆

damo2576
    Free Member

John Lewis and Dwell if you pick carefully.

somafunk

Dwell seem to have a permanent sale on if the amount of emails i receive is anything to go by.

footflaps

John Lewis furniture is pretty shabby, all chipboard & veneer. Got all my solid wood stuff from Habitat, which sadly is no more.

andydicko
    Free Member

Ercol…..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

As seen on an earlier thread, no living room is complete without a Land Rover Series IIA gearbox.

As for furniture, go 60s and retro.

somafunk

And as if on cue i get an email from Dwell with the following….

Hang on…i bet it’s another sale, 🙄 , a few years ago i bought a wenge storage shelf from them, quite a decent shelf but i’ve not bought anything since, In my living room I’ve got one Habitat chair, one Barcelona sofa and my computer/studio desk along the back wall that has active speakers and my 24″ led monitor for my laptop on it. what else could i possibly need in my living room?, i have my Park PCS-10 bike stand in one corner and a printer in the other. I’m a simple man living a simple life for gawds sake, i have no need for rugs, throws, or cushions no matter how wacky the design, nor do i need pointless clutter as trinkets/ornaments just get dusty and necessitate cleaning more often, i have bare floorboards that get hoovered when my bike drops a lugi on them, i do not need a 100% wool rug nor do i need a sisal hallway runner.

Phew…rant over….i feel a bit better now.

daftvader
    Free Member

See the thing is I have a garage for all my bike stuff, engine parts etc and they still make it into the house!! She will get all the spam they send so i don’t mind where we go. Thanks for the suggestions and somafunk… take yourself off their mailing list? It might work tho I have been getting spam fron rebok for years despite replying no to every email

-m-
    Free Member

I’d give Dwell a seriously wide berth. They used to have an ‘outlet’ store in Milton Keynes which seemed to be stocked with ex-display / customer returns. One visit there was enough to say all you needed to know about the quality of their products.

spooky_b329

One of those independent pine/oak furniture places.

We got 2 sideboards, two coffee tables and a TV table in chunky oak, and it looks nicer than the equivalent items in John Lewis. (and one sideboard and one coffee table would have cost £1200 from them)

Plus they are dovetailed/glued rather than flatpack, proper hinges instead of the kitchen cupboard style etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘living room furniture???’ is closed to new replies.