Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Living In Leeds
  • OTB
    Free Member

Hi
    Any folks living in Leeds. Whats it like for apres work biking? Is it easy and quick enough to get out in the evenings? Can you ride out from the city (North of)?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I live in north west Leeds – from my door I can do several off road route extending up to approx 30 miles with at least 80% off road (that’s if you include tow path links) – On road I can be into the Dales in less than 1hrs riding time – The Lakes, Howgills, peaks, North York Moors and of course Calderdale are all within hour half drive

ton

south leeds is a shyte hole………..and i live there. 😆

OTB
    Free Member

Cool. I currently live in Sheffield but have a new job in Leeds and debating a change of scenery. Cheers for the info

Oggles
    Free Member

You can ride out North pretty much from the city centre, to out past the ring road all off-road. Then you've either got Eccup/Harewood to the East, and Otley and the Chevin to the west if you dont mind a little bit of road. I've only lived here 9 months so not really an expert, but there's enough to keep me entertained.

I commute in to work on the road. For an idea of how much stuff is available though, I can ride probably 80% of the way home to Headingley from Seacroft off road. I only do it when it's dry though!!

OTB
    Free Member

I've been given a bit of a heads up from people at work as I don't know Leeds at all, but probably looking at Headingley or Moortown areas to live I think.

OTB
    Free Member

Thanks for the links Gooner 🙂

ton

chappel allerton is a nice upcoming are of leeds.
    it does however border on the 2 roughest most crime ridden area's 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Headingley is a great area, but it is full of students, so expect a lot of noise. There are good bars and restaurants there. I lived in Kirkton, and would happily return but to somewhere a little less central and north such as Moortown.

It's a great place in terms of both biking, but also having access to a vibrant citylife. I liked the fact that Leeds is quite compact, and that you can get out for afterwork rides quite quickly. And with a car many places are not that hard to get to either.

peterfile
    Free Member

I live in Roundhay in north leeds. I love it here, best part of Leeds that I've lived in.

Tiger6791

Chappletown, Beeston, Gipton, Seacroft, Wybeck and Harehills are all nice 😉

ton

belle isle
    middleton
    holbeck
    armley
    wortley
    east end park
    farnley
    cottingley
    wythers
    stanningley
    stourton

these are all nice too……. 😉

MRanger156
    Free Member

I work in the city centre and regularly ride form work out into north leeds. Meanwood valley is excellent and it takes you to harewood/eccup.

I live in chapel allerton and would highly recommend it, the northern side is a better bet though.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

ton & Tiger – come on lads that’s not fair – fancy keeping Halton Moor & Beeston to yourselves – shame on you – Jewels in the crown

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OTB – Are you going to work in Leeds city centre? If so opens up the aire valley as a place to live, cheaper housing & better riding than north Leeds IMO

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Living In Leeds’ is closed to new replies.