Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Liverpool….where's good for drinking?
  • lodious
    Free Member

Off for a night out in Liverpool tonight, anybody got any recommendations for bars / areas to drink in / areas to avoid? After places you can wear jeans to, nothing too fancy.

timc
    Free Member

How old are you? WIth the lads? missus? type of places you normally go?

Loads of choice so answer the above & you will get plenty of sound advice!

lodious
    Free Member

With the lads, but hopefully not too rowdy. Age range mid 30’s to mid 40’s.

I don’t normally go anywhere 🙁 (wife, 3 kids).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

Depends what sort of a drink you want ? Real ales served to perfection ? Girls in short skirts and cheap bottles of Stella? quiet and nice with background Jazz ? HArdcore dance till 4am !

gogg
    Free Member

Real ales, you can’t top this…

plumber
    Free Member

Chester

timc
    Free Member

plumber – Member

Chester

🙄

amateur…

ratherbeintobago

It doesn’t matter where you start out drinking in Liverpool; the important thing is that you end the night in the Raz.

Chester

Aye, if you like fighting.

surfer
    Free Member

What Gogg said for the best beer

surfer
    Free Member

Chester

Oh FFS 🙄

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Chesters good in places, shocking in others, limited in range.
    But thats not what you asked so i’ll pipe down.

SiB
    Free Member

Chester

Too close to North Wales folk (some of who are fine, others not so)

ratherbeintobago

Chesters good in places, shocking in others, limited in range.

Rosie’s or Rosie’s, or a battering and turning up on the emergency theatre list at the Countess on Saturday morning for ORIF mandible?

lodious
    Free Member

Last time I went to the ‘pool, I ended up downstairs in a big bar, which had bands on (local bands, but playing original material). It was close to the centre, and it was brilliant. Anybody know where that might have been?

jamiec360
    Free Member

Ship and Mitre (Draft Frulli is so wrong but yet so right), Dr Duncans or Philarmonic (the one with the famous but over rated loos and in-house poet). Jacaranda on Slater street alright too… Baltic fleet if you don’t mind a hike and want a proper boozer.
    If you’re after inappropriately dressed young ladies concert square and if you’re after inapproriately dressed older ladies Matthew St.

Maharajah on London road is great for a south Indiian Curry after all that or pop up to China town and have the p$%% extracted from your mates by the staff especially if you are daft enough to have any “Chinese” tattoos.
    Basically loads and loads of pubs in the city centre but only good Friday and Saturday really.

konagirl
    Free Member

+1 to Gogg’s recommendation (The Ship & Mitre, Dale St). It is an easy walk from the station, if you are using the train to get in, and they serve food. However, it will be busy and it is also a bit of a walk from other eating / drinking areas. Having said that, you could visit Thomas Rigby’s further up towards the river. If you are still out after midnight, it is a short shuffle to the Matthew Street area which is a pedestrian area full of bars and clubs.

The alternative is to head to the Philharmonic. Grab pizza at the Quarter. Then head down the hill, potentially via The Fly in the Loaf (bit expensive), the Pilgrim (perhaps a bit studenty), the Roscoe Head (small) ending up at the Wood St / Fleet St / Slater St area which is rammed full of bars. This area stays open til the wee small hours and most places won’t care if you are in jeans. The Shipping Forecast is ok for beer and there is usually somewhere to stand if not sit. Expect all pubs to be very busy, it’s a Friday night.

I would avoid the Lime Street row of pubs, if you come in by train.

surfer
    Free Member

Ship and Mitre and Dr Duncans a stones throw from each other. The Phil is a good 15 minute walk up towards the bombed out church. You could drop in at the “fly in the loaf” (I remember it when it was called Kirklands!) and “the roscoe head”

surfer
    Free Member

I was typing at the same time konagirl! I agree nothing to see along that row outside the station!

konagirl
    Free Member

Last time I went to the ‘pool, I ended up downstairs in a big bar, which had bands on (local bands, but playing original material). It was close to the centre, and it was brilliant. Anybody know where that might have been?

Heebie Jeebies, the Barfly and Zanzibar are all in the same area and have acts on, mostly during the week, or pay to get in over the weekends. Studio2 regularly has music on, but not that big or downstairs. Could be a number of places!

LeeW

I was typing at the same time konagirl! I agree nothing to see along that row outside the station!

Big house is always good for a giggle, I lived in the Holiday Inn for a year and would always take visiting colleagues to the big house for a beer first off.

loddrik
    Free Member

Seel st and surrounding is decent. Saltdogs etc. Also the pilgrim, the Everyman if you head up Hardman st. I’d avoid Mathew st and concert sq. Tonight won’t be too busy but tomorrow and Sunday will be horrendously busy.

I should know as I drive a black cab in my lovely city!!!

lodious
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, thats brilliant 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool….where's good for drinking?’ is closed to new replies.