Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Liverpool Victoria
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience with LV for B&C insurance? They seem to cover bikes up to 1500 (with optional away-from-home cover) and are £100 cheaper than anyone else. But I'm not sure their policy wording isn't just hiding coverage issue. Lots of companies seem to say things like "optional cycle cover" and seem to discuss cover away from home on this, but say nothing about cover at home. This could suggest it's in the deal or just be hiding non-coverage. I hate insurance hunting.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

M&S everytime

coffeeking
    Free Member

M&S = £££££ (like twice the price, and £100 more than people like direct line) And their plus cover is mentally priced.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Privelidge looks pretty good, second cheapest quote, good customer service (at least when I called to ask a question) and cover any number of bikes up to their full value when locked in garage. However they don't cover watercraft, so thats my canoe and kitesurfing equipment needing other insurance. Grrr.

Zoolander
    Free Member

You get what you pay for with insurance.
    I found the best option for me was to get my home insurance without worrying about the bike and then got bike insurance through Evans. All in all it's probably £5 more each month than if I did it combined but my bike is covered for much much more, the main thing being most home insurers don't cover sports equipment whilst in use where as this does.

coffeeking
    Free Member

You get what you pay for with insurance.

Not in my experience, I've never had a problem with going with the cheapest possible insurance (though I make sure I check the policy wording so they can't wriggle out of things). I think you get what you research well, though you can't really research their claims speeds etc very well I admit.

Seperate insurance for my kites and bikes was more than the house insurance with people who included it (quoted in the region of £380 for my outdoor toys via seperate insurance).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool Victoria’ is closed to new replies.