Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Liverpool Sun Boycott
  • zippykona

Is this still adhered too?
    If so ,well done.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pretty much but not as it was once. Some shops still do not stock it but very few these days

Don’t Buy The Sun

I am a Man u fan and I have never ever spent a penny on anything Murdock since – I did not then anyway mind so he wont be that cross

Utterly unforgivable to do that to fans, a club, a city and grieving families
    I will break the swear filter if I continue

ratadog

I think the answer is yes. It was never complete but some 15-20 years later according to articles in the Guardian, the pre Hillsborough circulation figures of 55,000 had only got back to around 12,000 on a good day. Most of the Liverpool fan sites still make it clear that the boycott is alive and well and the Hillsborough Justice Campaign has encouraged it as well.BBC News summary from 2012 here.

I think there are still areas of Liverpool where you would struggle to buy it even if you wanted to as it simply is not stocked.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    voodoo_chile

Who would really want to read it anyway

walktheline
    Free Member

I live in Liverpool and have a season ticket for LFC. The hatred of the sun is still going strong. It’s not uncommon to see it on sale though. I wouldn’t be naive enough to say nobody buys it whatsoever but I can’t imagine the sales to be massive.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Don’t know anyone who stocks it or anyone that buys it.

P.S.It’s not just boycotted by Liverpool supporters it’s the city.

surfer
    Free Member

P.S.It’s not just boycotted by Liverpool supporters it’s the city.

+1

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

What happens to the Sky payments ?
    Do Liverpool give it to charity?

sparrowcar
    Free Member

I would safely assume that 95%+ of sales in Liverpool are from people passing through or tourists who might not be aware of the boycott or it’s of no immediate interest to them.

pictonroad

Liverpool supporter here with family in the city. Won’t buy the sun, Times or sky. A small protest I know but there you go.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Got a sales call a few months ago about getting a Times subscription. Told them to check the postcode and never call me back. No shouting at the poor telesales lady, just said they wouldn’t have much luck around here.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Somehow I was aware of the offending article but oblivious to the boycott! 😕 Good on Liverpool!

binners

I have a massive respect for the scousers for continuing the boycott. I think Murdoch has essentially admitted defeat.
    I hope everyone also boycotts Talk Sport because it’s run by the festering steaming turd that is Kelvin Mackensie, who is an utter utter ****!!!!

project
    Free Member

Still the ooccasioanl sticker on petrol pumps and sign posts sying dont buy the sun.

But strangely the Northern editions of the sun are printed in Knowsley ,on the east lancs road, just ouside the liverpool boundry.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I have a massive respect for the scousers for continuing the boycott. I think Murdoch has essentially admitted defeat.
    I hope everyone also boycotts Talk Sport because it’s run by the festering steaming turd that is Kelvin Mackensie, who is an utter utter ****!!!!

I thought he left years ago when UTV bought it.

MrOvershoot

I’ve worked in sunny Toxteth for the last 18 years and have only seen 1 copy of the Sun in the canteen that was brought in by a contractor (it was chucked in the bin pretty sharpish)

But a fair proportion have Sky?

binners

Dunno to be honest. I just saw that that **** was running it, nd decided I’d never ever listen to it. Same as I’d never buy the Sun or any other Murdoch rag. That tin-pot empire has been responsible for many crimes, but the slurs they published about Hillsboroughtrump the lot! And kelvin Mackenzie still doesn’t get why? My contempt for that **** is limitless!! Let’s hope we finally see some justice for the 96 eh? And some of those responsible being held to account!

andy3809
    Free Member

I work in Liverpool and have noticed that in the shops that do sell the sun, somebody has always buried the pile underneath another paper

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool Sun Boycott’ is closed to new replies.