Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Liverpool – Still a Boss place!!!
  • Marin
    Free Member

Mr overshoot I reckon we rode a very muddy mid week ride together a few weeks ago.

voodoo_chile

Does anyone remember the now defunkt Liverpool mountain bike club

passiflora86
    Free Member

It’s okay I grew up there. When I was in school I taught the word boss to a girl from Nantwich. She said it caught on in the playground and made her very popular. 😯

MrOvershoot

Marin – Member

Mr overshoot I reckon we rode a very muddy mid week ride together a few weeks ago.

Not me la, I was robbing those big places in Caldy 😉

Joey the Lips tells me MrPhil is a bit quick out the starting gate?

camo16
    Free Member

Bloody hell, loads of us, have to have a summer’s ride!

Not a bad idea, that timc!

On Liverpool, I’m not a Scouser, but I was pretty impressed when I first came here from Leeds 6. Despite the occasional blight, the city is filled with cool buildings, the people are friendly and the parks and river give the city a sense of space that Leeds doesn’t have.

Overall I’m surprised this city gets such a kicking when there’s plenty of cities and towns worse than this that get no negative attention.

voodoo_chile

Top place ,also lot worse places in this country / world IMHO

Marin
    Free Member

Joey the lips is right. Three hours round Wirral killed me for the day! Still makes you stronger and all that especially for getaways!!

timc
    Free Member

Marin – Member
    In reply to timc for riding I,m back to my routes on the Wirral or North Wales. Local rides it’s single speeding through the parks and down the seafront really or to Asda! Do you happen to be fond of fat bikes? If you are I know you lah.

No to Fat Bikes but I have seen pictures of a couple of Fat Bikes at Crosby beach, so know some locals ride them

timc
    Free Member

voodoo_chile – Member
    Tim c, lack of decent off road not good ,but u are only a short car journey away….what do you ride

I know, usually over in wales & sometimes lakes

Locally ride a Giant XTC 29er & also have an Orange 5

you?

voodoo_chile

Gt peace 29er and sintesi hardtail, tim c

MrOvershoot

At least one of the Fat bikes @ Crosby beach will be JohnM (JohnClimber)

grum
    Free Member

I played a gig with my band in Liverpool on Thirsday night. Someone said we were ‘boss’. So people definitely do still say it. 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

Another scouser here. Live in calderdale now where the riding is much better.

Again this week I was talking to someone who has recently been to Liverpool who couldn’t seem to believe how lovely and friendly the place is. It’s something I hear a lot. Most people who slag Liverpool off have never been.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool – Still a Boss place!!!’ is closed to new replies.