Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Liverpool FC
  • fizzer
    Free Member

built by Shanks, watched by planks, ruined by Yanks, laughed at by Mancs lol lol lol

grumm
    Free Member

Will be even more funny when the premier league bubble finally bursts and all Man U’s leveraged debt comes crashing down on them.

chewkw
    Free Member

All the clubs paying silly money for people to kick the ball around …

I supported them when I was a kid but nowadays it’s all about silly money.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

+1 Grum

When Fergie pops his clogs, Man U will go through managers like they’re out of fashion, when they’re teetering round the relegation zone. It will be great to see.

I can’t wait.

Ambrose

Despite all the above comments I think it is a shame that a club with Liverpool’s pedigree should be in such a position. FWIW I’m not much of a football fan but I like to know how well MUFC are doing. And I have done since I was 3yo.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

FWIW I’m not much of a football fan but I like to know how well MUFC are doing

That’s ok, you’ll fit right in at Old Trafford.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

It’s a natural cycle, a team can’t stay at the pinnacle of achievement forever, but Liverpool & it’s fans don’t seem to accept this.

Liverpool FC need to recognise it and move on. I also heard on BBC breakfast that Hodgson has the backing of the board. Kiss of death. Anyone hear his aftermatch interview, what had he been on if he thought Liverpool had played well?

hora
    Free Member

Agree about Man U.

At least Tottenham is run financially right.

What will happen with Man City owners decide they want out?

What will happen when Roman wants out of Chelsea?

binners

Jesus! Hora – a Leeds ‘fan’ commenting on football. I’ll be giving a talk on astro-physics later. Do feel free to pick me up on any factual innacuracies.

I don’t think any genuine football fan, no matter what the colour, can have enjoyed whats happening at Liverpool. I’m a Man U fan and I reckon we’re two, maybe three good seasons behind them. Rooney will go in January. The money will go straight to the banks to service the debt. And we’ll go the same way as the scousers.

Its all coming crashing down. The whole house of cards. I note the silence from the FA has been deafening. Keeping their heads well down. Not a squeak. I wonder how much ‘Due Diligence’ has been carried out on the new Americans?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Oh well, soon the Premiership will be all about QPR playing Bradford and Millwall entertaining Swansea.
    It’s a shame owners don’t care, players play only for money, fans have no patience. If LFC, MUFC and CFC went down it’d hurt a few but the football be better off as a whole. Too much greed leads to nowhere, just look at Leeds of yesteryear.

hora
    Free Member

Oh agree binners.

On another note the players only get paid ‘vast sums’ as long as they play better than anyone else. Their talent window can be sort remember and coming up they have to compete against everyone and keep their regular place in the first team.

Then, in some teams they have to play week in week out don’t they?

On the greed of football. The active/loyal fans pay that cost don’t they? Imagine the cost of travelling around the country with your food, souvenir, etc etc thrown in. I wonder how many hardworked families in a recession keep this up 🙁

billybob
    Free Member

As a Man City fan – although enjoying being second in the table it somehow feels fake – like we’ve not earned it somehow? We had some good players coming through the system but the way we got rid of ireland, dunne & bellamy is disappointing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the players only get paid ‘vast sums’ as long as they play better than anyone else

Again many average players getting vast sums of money to be squad players. Bet the average premiership wage is about 50K and they are not all world class

On the greed of football. The active/loyal fans pay that cost don’t they

MAny clubs turnover is less than their wage bill and certainly NO club pays wages soley from gate receipts mix of SKy , gate receipts + merchandising. On balance NO mark NO

hora
    Free Member

Where does the sky revenue come from?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you now claiming that every subscriber to sky is an active/loyal fan of every premiership club and those that get parachute payments…it seems a somewhat unlikely suggestion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool FC’ is closed to new replies.