Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Liverpool accommodation recommendations?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Booked tix for a concert in Liverpool in December, haven’t been before, anyone gimme a recommendation of where’s decent to stay? Default will be malmaison otherwise!.

Place to eat as well? Any kind of food, as long as its good.

Cheers, Greg.

acidchunks

Manchester.

acidchunks

sorry, couldn’t help myself…

fd3chris
    Free Member

Where abouts are you going exactly? My gf is a scouser so can help

project
    Free Member

Lots of hotels on the Strand and albert dock area overlooking the mersey and city skyline.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Concert is at the philharmonic hall, but I dont mind getting a taxi, I’d rather stay in an area with eating places/ bars, than be right next to concert venue.

project
    Free Member

Lots of eatereis at albert dock and around Bold street, down the road from the Phil.

I live across the water so never needed to sleep there.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Gf says your basically in the city centre when at the Phil so the Marriott , Hilton or Hard Days Night , for fairly expensive but all the normal travel lodges etc, and late rooms.com does serviced apts around the Albert Dock , hope this helps

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you could kip in Liverpool FC’s trophy cabinet – they wont be using it any time soon. 🙁

timc
    Free Member

glupton1976 – Member
    I’m pretty sure you could kip in Liverpool FC’s trophy cabinet – they wont be using it any time soon.

Be pretty cramped with those 5 european cups, there not small you know, best stay in Everton’s for space.

Malmaison is a safe bet, Hard Days night & hope street good as well. Loads of places to eat, where your hotel is could swing it, type of food?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Malmaison it is, stayed in a couple, safe bet. Food wise, any decent south east Asian?.

timc
    Free Member

whats south east asian squire?

Host

Sapporo

Both other side of city centre from Mal & Echo mind, so a quick taxi ride

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Basically Thai/Vietnamese/fresh tasting, not yet usual stodgy MSG Chinese. Thanks buddy, I’ll check those out.

greggparker9
    Free Member

The Malmaison is nice but if you’re going to the Phil then check out The Hope Street Hotel, much more original boutique style hotel. Just over the road from the Phil.

There’s a little cafe/restaurant around the corner on Falkner St called the Quarter which is great for breakfast the morning after.

greggparker9
    Free Member

Also restaurants on Hope St, you have The London Carraige Works and 60 Hope Street, both worth checking out.

Gregg

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spot on, Gregg, ideal. Breakfast in a nice cafe is always nicer than a hotel brekkie.

voodoo_chile

Breakfast in the pilgrim, very nice

JohnClimber
    Free Member

This is just a bit north of Liverpool if your interested, just take a look at the photo gallery

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23787150.html

easygirl

Chaprai was great Thai restaurant at Liverpool 1

timc
    Free Member

forgot abaout chaprai, v nice, been a few times s my veggie sister likes it, where is concert?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

philharmonic hall, Tim.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Albert dock prem inn was ace! Floor to ceiling windows in a massive room last time we stayed!!

voodoo_chile

Who you watching

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bootleg Beatles.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Liverpool accommodation recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.