Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Liver Function Tests ALT level high
  • benz
    Free Member

Blood test the other week.

Called Dr for results.

All within norms apart from ALT which was 200.

Dr asked me to book further blood samples with nurse this week. Dr going on hols so asked me to org appt for her return to review results. Guess different tests.

Apart from having more alcohol than normal 3 days before blood sample taken just out of another viral infection then no other issues.

Any folks on here experienced similar issues?

stanfree
    Free Member

I had blood tests the other week after having high blood pressure for the past few years, the doctor said there were very early indications of liver damage. I’m the first too admit I drink too much .
    I’m 41 this year and have decided to pack in alcohol for my health , weight and the fact I want to see my grandkids In the future. Im still going to have a few beers when out socially but Im stopping drinking at home. Strangely It has actually been really easy so far and even at the weekends I haven’t missed having a drink.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Could be the booze. I try not to go for bloods in early January or just after anything else where ample alcohol consumption occurs. I’ve been caught out before.
    They might well do the ALT test again – just to see if it was temporary. But ALT only appears in the blood when liver cells are being damaged. It indicates how much liver is being damaged, not how much capacity the liver has left to do its work. The only liver function tests (i.e. measuring the liver’s current capacity for work) I’m aware of involve 2 samples with some food consumption in between. Are they doing that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Liver Function Tests ALT level high’ is closed to new replies.