Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Live mail has to go. What are my options?
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

The light of my life bought a new PC. There is wretched email thing on there called Windows live mail. When she tried to send Photos it wants her to put them in some MS cloud type thing. She wants rid of this.

Anyone help? Recommend a free email client that does not do this?

jota180
    Free Member

gmail

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gmail

If you want a desktop application to go with it Get Mozilla Thunderbird

titusrider
    Free Member

Outlook mail, its pretty nice actually (new web interface for hotmail type thing with @outlook.com addresses

xcgb
    Free Member

Mike Whats the benefits of thunderbird?

Ta

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Just to be clear. She uses her ISP email. All she wants is the ability to highlights a set of photos and compress them and email them in one foul swoop.
    If i change to the mozilla client will this work again? Or are these changes due to Win 7?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Double post

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thunderbird is open source and good 🙂
    Think outlook but without MS grubby paws in it.

Would suggest getting away from ISP e-mail, i dumped mine years ago after the 3rd name change.

Thunderbird should do that for pics. Everything is heading cloudy but you don’t have to go the whole hog yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’ll take you 5 mins to learn how to do it without any special software.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cheers guys. SWMBO does not like change. And i do not like havingto send pictures of the kids to all her mates esp as each mail has to have different text.

SnS
    Free Member

All she wants is the ability to highlights a set of photos and compress them and email them in one foul swoop.

Sounds like a Gmail account for email & Picasa on the pc for the photo sending would be the way forward. ( both free & Picasa sends via a Gmail account)
    Picasa makes shrinking & emailing photos an absolute doddle.

Totally agree with Mikewsmith on moving away from ISP based email. – When you change your Internet provider – it’s far far easier if you don’t have to keep telling all your contacts your new contact details.

And whist your at it, I’d recommend more than one email address ….One for emailing family & friends, another for online shopping, forum signups etc.

Chris

Northwind

uphillcursing – Member

The light of my life bought a new PC. There is wretched email thing on there called Windows live mail. When she tried to send Photos it wants her to put them in some MS cloud type thing. She wants rid of this.

I use Live and it’s never done this. So presumably it’s just a question of figuring out how to switch it off. Actually might be a question of figuring out how she switched it on in the first place.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Live mail has to go. What are my options?’ is closed to new replies.