Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Live! bike build: Enduro vs Yeti 575
  • Count
    Free Member

Today, live with pictures (if the technology all works) two bikes are being built.

Bike 1: Yeti 575 (M)
    Bike 2: Specialized Enduro (L)

Both bikes are mainly new components built onto frames sourced via end of season sale/secondhand. In the background wheels for the Yeti are being built in parallel.

Interested in views on choices made. Both bikes will be out in anger at Peaslake tomorrow if all goes well. A competitve run down BKB will decide on the best bike…

first image – both bike frames in the stands.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Piccy no worky.

DickBarton

Looking very good…assuming you are going for the stealth look!

I_Ache
    Free Member

There you go.

I_Ache
    Free Member

You did an img link to the page url btw.

DezB
    Free Member

Well I know which one I’d rather ride back up again..

DezB
    Free Member

Live build? Having trouble with that wheel build?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

1 hour in

No updates

tea break?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m guessing a stripped BB 🙂

will
    Free Member

Decided it is to hard, so bet their paying a shop 🙄

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m scared of people who go to lengths to do things like tile their garage floor and paint it a ‘pretty’ colour, anally retentive if you ask me.
    I’m surprised I can’t see a radiator…

/jealousy 😉

vinnyeh

Is that really a garage?

emac65
    Free Member

Two hours & nothing,I’ve swopped engines in cars quicker than this…… 8)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

3 hours and counting. This really is a dull post

Jamie
    Free Member

*yawns*

Lactic
    Free Member

Has one of you lost a limb in an unfortunate headset press accident?
    And what kind of lazy get has an electric garage door opener anyway

DezB
    Free Member

Hope the riding goes better than the posting.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

peaslaker
    Free Member

Tech trouble with the wifi update. I’m just putting together the timelapse photos into a vid. Will post a link as soon as it is up.

Both bikes are built…

BoardinBob

peaslaker
    Free Member

Proof that some of the technology was working has finally arrived:

Build time lapse video on YouTube

We’re going to be riding the bikes in 5 hours time so I’d better get some sleep.

mybike
    Free Member

Cool…………take a allen key 😉

bigrich

charging by the hour were you?

what forks are they on the yeti?

CHB

nice garage!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nice bikes!

rhysboy1
    Free Member

Methinks that someone has too much time on their hands….

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Maybe a timelapse camera for Peaslake this afternoon, the amount of fettling these two bikes were getting?

peaslaker
    Free Member

You could tell the two new builds by the squeal of Avid brakes all over the hillside. I presume we got spotted giving the fork on the Yeti a quick set up outside Peaslake Village Stores although we managed to silence the Elixirs after a faffage stop somewhere off Holmbury Hill.

AFAIK, nothing fell off either bikes which is more than I can say for myself.

peaslaker
    Free Member

The forks on the Yeti are the 2009 Revelation 426 Dual Air. They’re QR but still pretty tough and there are some bargains around on them.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Peakslayer. I’m interested in your comments on the new Revelations. I have a set which were upgraded from the 2008 130mm versions. I’ve noticed on my new 09’s that when they’re in the 140mm setting the fork seems to extend beyond the 140mm line on the stanchion, this is even if i have the neg. air pressure more then the positive. On my 08 fork as soon as i put more psi in the neg that the pos. the fork would shhorten giving less that the 130mm travel. Probably not an issue but it seemed a bit unusual that it doesn’t seem to work in the same way as the 08? It would be intersting to see how yours are??

Take it easy

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I presume we got spotted giving the fork on the Yeti a quick set up outside Peaslake Village Stores

Yeah, I was sitting there drinking my coffee, wondering if they were the two same bikes – saw your user name when I came back and put two and two together. Mine was the purple Dialled PA leaning against the flower bed that you guys were standing around.

jimthesaint

gizzardman – sounds like the negative chamber is leaking into the positive chamber, I’d get them checked out where you bought them from as the internals on 09 Revs are identical to 08 ones.

DezB
    Free Member

So which one did you like best?

gizzardman
    Free Member

Jim the saint – shit i’ve only had them 1 week!!!!!!

bigrich

i’d be interested to see how that yeti survives the peaks, can you do an update once you’ve beasted it a bit?

peaslaker
    Free Member

DezB,

As assistant assembler and wheel builder… I like the Yeti best. It is a bit small for me to ride and conversely I find the S-Works is a bit big. Having had a quick roll around on a medium Enduro SL a couple of weeks ago, that struck me as being a better fit for the sort of riding I’d hope to get out of an Enduro, although more time with the large frame/short stem combo might convince me otherwise.

Performance on the trail doesn’t have much to do with my opinions. I like the look of the Yeti and it definitely has personality.

Scott,

Spotted and admired the PA when you arrived with it.

Gizzardman,

These forks are dual airs and not u-turns so we don’t have any markings on the stanchions although the internal workings are similar. I get to work on a few dual air forks and I expect them to have the top out position change when negative air is added. Usually the “suck down” that people first see is the top out bumper unsquishing as the preload is relaxed – once you get negative above a certain point it will definitely pull the fork down to lower levels.

Try emptying the positive and seeing how the fork sucks down. If it doesn’t suck down at all, listen out for a harsh top out in which case it may be the fork was misassembled without a top out bumper. It may need looking at.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Live! bike build: Enduro vs Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.