Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Littlehampton / Arundel
  • Bedds
    Free Member

Evening all,

I’m off down to Littlehampton for aweek during April and fancy taking a bike to pass the evenings with.

whats best? Road or MTB? Any advice on routes for the area?

Cheers

ian

kudos100
    Free Member
    Bedds
    Free Member

Lovely. . Thanks Kudos

hummerlicious
    Free Member

If you’re on strava do a segment search at houghton forest and you’ll find all the singletrack…..

hummerlicious
    Free Member

If you’re riding there in the evening you can’t park in the main car park as the gates get locked, the one just down the hill on the amberley road is usable but unfortunately prone to unpleasant activities so be careful if on your own.

Let me know when you’re about and I’ll try to get over and show you round there….

pictonroad

It was particularly unpleasant last Tuesday, full of grim looking middle aged men in Skodas. 😉

DrP

Actually any bike will do here..Road, mtb, cx.. Bring what you fancy and we can make it work!

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

What DrP says. You could even bring a fatbike and ride along the beach to Worthing for coffee and cake. There are are no bike parks but there should be plenty to keep you happy in the area.

muddy@rseguy

Another thumbs up for Houghton/Whiteways, also lots of trails on the Downs north of Angmering/Crossbush/Worthing.
    There’s a road ride group who meet on Tuesday night in Worhing and I’m sure they will tear your legs off make you feel welcome oo

Or you can go to the pump track in Angmering and show off your skillz in front of the local yoot 😉

Bedds
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies all, so if I bring the mtb down I could maybe ask a local? 🙂

hint hint DrP

smatkins1
    Free Member

This is my “neck of the woods” now since moving from Brighton to Arundel a few weeks ago.

Whatever sort of riding you’re into there should be something nearby to whet your appetite.

If your the sort of rider who sports ergonomic grips and wears lycra then you’ve got the whole of the South Downs and the SDW to explore! Quest in Worthing to Thurs rides every other week. I’m sure they’d welcome you along.

If you get your thrills from squeezing between tight gaps between trees and value a good bit of singletrack then there is Stanmer Park in Brighton and Houghton Forest(Whiteways). Brighton MTB do rides Thur eve(and Tue if you’re resonably fit) in Brighton and worth the trip. I think D&D cycles in Barnham do Wed eve rides in Houghton Forest.

If you use words like rad, roost and railed regularly and like to spend time either in the air or on the brakes then there are some excellent and very well maintained push up and ride down trails at Steyning.

The road riding is nice around here, but I wouldn’t like to be out in the evenings mid-week on the roads.

pictonroad

The Tuesday night MTB ride out of Worthing will make you feel welcome, email me or DrP and we’ll hook up.

There’s other rides going out on other nights, I’m sure we can arrange a chaperone.

James

garlic
    Free Member

The best section of the SDW is north of where you’re staying. Definitely take a mountain bike with you.

richardthird

If you haven’t ‘done’ the SDW you gotta ride to Eastbourne

Then back again 😆

Bedds
    Free Member

Excellent, I appreciate the road at night comment. I’ll definitely bring the mountain bike.

@ Pictonroad / Dr P I will email you separately re: the Tuesday night 🙂

DrP

What dates were you thinking???

DrP

jambalaya
    Free Member

The view from Bignor Hill on SDW is great and it’s easy to create a loop including Houghton Forest/Whiteways. I imagine the lambs will just be arriving, should still be on the top fields in early April. I go there for walking but you usually see MTBs about the bridleways and woods.

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy if you don’t mind a few slightly unfit Herbert’s! you can certainly join us for a night ride up whiteways.
    Ping me a message on carlfragle@aol.com
    I also work for myself so can be around some afternoons for a quick ride up there. I am slow up hill so you’ll have to bear with me

nickmsm
    Free Member

batman – I am local/self employed too, would be good to go out for a ride sometime? Also slow uphill on my BFe 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Littlehampton / Arundel’ is closed to new replies.