Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Little Urn
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, it’s nearly the Ashes time! Woooo!

Good to see that the Aussies are warming up in style….
    Punchy fighty.

yossarian
    Free Member

the aussies are in disarray aren’t they? 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

Probably the EPO & Coke mix he was taking…

AndyRT
    Free Member

Did you mean this one?

Little urn?

vinnyeh

Early days yet but we’ve got them in a bit of disarray at the moment. Don’t expect it’ll last though. 😆

zokes
    Free Member

the aussies are in disarray aren’t they?

They’re barely mentioning cricket at all on the news down here. I have to find out who they’ve lost to this time from the beeb! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

I do have to say, I would be most pleased with an undefeated Lions Tour and an Ashes whitewash in the same year…..! 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think they have uninvented Cricket this side of the world

wwaswas

lemonysam
    Free Member

Still, it could be worse, at least he’s finally managed to hit a spinner this summer.

zokes
    Free Member

The Australia coach Mickey Arthur has told Test Match Special that his team has the “best bowling attack in the World” and they are looking to exploit “cracks” by putting England under “sustained pressure”.

😆 😆 😆

drlex
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing the “warm-up” match @ Taunton tomorrow, even though Somerset’s performance in the County matches has been poor (until yesterday).

yossarian
    Free Member

Lehman is an astute appointment by the Aussies…or at least he would have been 3 months ago.

It seems to me that by the change they’ve made they are effectively surrendering this coming series and focussing on the rematch this winter.

Lovely to see Pietersen in such imperious form for Surrey. After textgate I was dead against him ever playing for England again but he’s won me round with his application. Looks like Compton has paid a heavy price for his run of form, it’s a gamble moving Root up to open. Hope it works.

Is there anything better than an ashes summer? I don’t think so.

zokes
    Free Member

We seem to be too busy fighting over who’s going to be PM down here at the moment to worry about a silly little game involving white clothes, a small ball, and a few sticks 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

true Zokes, but the cricket may actually have more substance than the 2 contenders speeches so may be a welcome distraction.

Rudd reminds me of Blowers sometimes, after 30mins you realise all he is talking about is how a bus gets round a set of traffic lights rather than anything else!

zokes
    Free Member

I suppose anything is better than watching the car crash that was the Gillard-led ALP be owned with not just Bombers, but triple-clamp ones at that by the budgie-smuggling God botherer…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In a strange way cricket is leading politics – bans, drops, saying the wrong thing then sacking the coach on the eve of the big game….
    Still with the Anything but Abbot plan – I might move back if that happens, especially if he cancels my NBN upgrade.

zokes
    Free Member

Still with the Anything but Abbot plan – I might move back if that happens

At least ‘moron and Gideon appear to have policies, even if I do vehemently disagree with them and the philosophy behind them. Abbot just seems to want to be a corrupt wrecker for the sake of it, and his only policy seems to have been “not what she said”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and his only policy seems to have been “not what she said”.

To be fair he hasn’t actually announced enough for anyone to know

feels a bit like when King Kev came back to Newcastle

Coyote
    Free Member

Phew! I thought this was going to be a thread saying Ernie Wise had died.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it was a thread about cricket originally! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, how about we get it back on track and talk about cricket!

First test starts tomorrow!

Will KP fire?
    Will the Aussies pick a fight with anything that moves? Or doesn’t move?

Etc!

Excited now…!

zokes
    Free Member

I’m hoping Jimmy really gets under the ork Warner’s nose. Preferably metaphorically with words first, then quite literally with the ball. For a team that practically invented sledging, they don’t seem to like it up ’em.

Also, where’s psychle when you need some entertainment?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, where’s psychle when you need some entertainment?

Still sulking after the rugby? 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Still sulking after the rugby?

I doubt it. Most of the locals here seem to be pretending that there was no rugby!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

They certainly seemed to be trying to hide it on the SMH and Age websites!

zokes
    Free Member

Just on the current affairs programme here:

ABC reporter: “So Jonathan, what is the source of England’s confidence ahead of the series?”

Aggers: “Well… It’s because you’re not very good at the moment, are you.”

ABC reporter: *silence*

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 Aggers in his usual understated way, I assume!

Odd request of the day – Mods, any chance you could edit the title to include “Ashes Spoilers”? Or, could someone perhaps report this post and ask the same question? Wouldn’t want to upset people, now would we!

Ta!

Now, on to the cricket…!

Sunny day, pitch is apparently drier than a temperance knees-up, so could be fruitful for Swann.

uwe-r
    Free Member

What’s the odds one of them will stamp on someone’s face and then claim he was off balance and didn’t see him? 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Double or quits it’s Dave Warner 🙂

8pm Kick off local time here so will be getting the results when I wake up each day. Hope it goes well (and doesn’t piss it down)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Double or quits it’s Dave Warner

He’d probably miss! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8T1hnAG7E[/video]
    Just a warning, he could be raring to go

theotherjonv

Grey and overcast. Teams to be named in 45 mins. They’ve had the covers on all week because they’re worried that in the dry weather the pitch will crack up. Either way – bat first and Swann bowls in the last* innings; or lose the toss and bowl first and Jimmy and co can get amongst them.

* covering myself, in case it’s only a 3 innings game 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bat first and Swann bowls in the last* innings;

That would be my call. Cracks and lumps would appear, and Swann could just rip it out of them.

yossarian
    Free Member

not sure about that – heavy cloud cover today. I’d be tempted to bowl first and look for a big first innings lead by the end of day three.

shall we start a proper first test thread? over to you captain

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yoss, was thinking of just having this one as an overall Ashes thread, hence request on last page!

🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

fair enough 🙂

i’m dead excited, there is nothing like the ashes and nothing as sweet as beating the aussies.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

i’m dead excited, there is nothing like the ashes and nothing as sweet as beating the aussies.

Hell yeah! They’re not talking about the rugby much, so hoping they are the same about cricket soon!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Want to kick off the spoiler fest here?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/game-on-first-test-spoilers
    1 thread per test?

Sum up in 3 months with a summer of sport finale and SPOTY shoot out?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Little Urn’ is closed to new replies.