Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 212 total)
  • Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't
  • Cougar

Threads being closed before I’ve been able to dispense my invaluable wisdom.

Threads being closed whilst I’m in the process of typing up my invaluable wisdom, so it errors when I hit ‘send.’

Cougar

It is no harder for women to put it down than it is for us men.

I only lift it as a convenience, I can stop if you want?

Why is this such a big issue to women ?

I think it’s a communication issue. They say “seat” but they mean “lid.” Closing the lid makes vaguely logical sense (especially as I have a shelf of Small Things above the throne). My concession to the seatists is to shut both.

No it’s not. It’s either new OR improved.

+many, I’ve been saying this for years. Plus, it means that all this time you’ve been using old and inferior.

Pedants, see above.

People who read a thread, voluntarily, when it’s obvious from the title that it’s going to be full of pedants, and then complain about pedants.

Cougar

Ooh, I know.

Kenco do coffee in 100g and 200g jars.

They now do ‘eco-refills’ for these jars. In 150g pouches. WTF am I “filling” exactly? It even boasts on the front, “new 150g size.” It’s a refill you gobbins, I don’t want “new size,” I want “same old size as the jar I’m damn well refilling.”

Honestly. First against the wall when the revolution comes, I swear.

iDave
    Free Member

Can’t you refill the large jar when you’ve used 75% of the coffee?

Just sayin like

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What if he’s got a 100g jar?

Cougar

Ah, they’ve thought about this, it’s resealable.

I can feel my OCD itching.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Dwarfs

(sorry if that’s been done already)

bassspine
    Free Member

supermarkets are hilarious

people who leave their trolleys at the end of the aisle as they wander off:
    getting upset when you take stuff out of the abandoned trolley 😉
    getting upset when you put extra stuff IN the abandoned trolley

it’s not theirs, it hasn’t been paid for yet…

my ex-wife used to go spare when I put stuff in a line down the middle of the belt instead of piling it up to fill the entire conveyor. It takes exactly as long to scan….

monkey_boy
    Free Member

w*nkers in petrol stations who wait till they can use a pump thats on the same side as their filler cap.

THE PIPE IS LONG ENOUGH TO REACH THE OTHER SIDE YOU F*CKING ****!!! and don’t give me that b*lox you car is too high etc etc, just pull forward more 😉

in addition to the above, our local tescos has one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years ‘pay at the pump’, SO why do evenmore **** still go into the garage to pay???????!!!!?????!!! (and no they dont go in to get a paper or a sandwich cos ive watched them!)

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Art therapists, I know they mean well, but if I have to do another potato print, or another collage using just tissue paper and matchsticks(hardly Kurt Schwitters is it?) or weave another ‘kin basket……Frankly I’ll just implode.

yunki
    Free Member

overbearing people..
    slow computers..
    bad music..

Rich
    Free Member

in addition to the above, our local tescos has one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years ‘pay at the pump’, SO why do evenmore **** still go into the garage to pay???????!!!!?????!!! (and no they dont go in to get a paper or a sandwich cos ive watched them!)

Paying with cash?

philconsequence
    Free Member

periods

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Paying with cash?

dont spoil it!! 😛

toppers3933
    Free Member

people eating/drinking noisily. oh my god. shut your mouth or i’ll knock you’re bleedin teeth out.

people on the till at supermarkets who ask if you need help packing who, when told no, proceed to scan all the shopping as fast as the can.

oh and all of the above.

im just quite an anti social person i recon.

oh and people who just wont take no for an answer. right up to the point where i have to be extremely rude to get them to f@$k off and leave me alone. are you listening Vauxhall Leicester?

philconsequence
    Free Member

people being late

molgrips
    Free Member

are you listening Vauxhall Leicester?

Almost certainly not 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

Mostly just people.

will
    Free Member

– People who just stop infront of you
    – Slow walking people
    – Piers Morgan
    – Wires getting tangled up
    – Pompous people
    – Wind
    – My flatmates weird eating habits, just eat proper food 😆

Moe

SO why do evenmore **** still go into the garage to pay?

Coz the frickin card won’t work in the pump …….. works every where else!

mamadirt
    Free Member

nicko74 – Member

mamadirt – Member

Yeah, but nail salons????

Genius bit of marketing, surely? You’re a laydee, and probably spend time getting your hands dirty with maintenance or riding. QED!

looks at nails Hmmmmm, nail makeover or shiney new bike bits . . . not rocket science is it? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Some spotty kid whose mum still does his shopping putting your fresh meat in with dairy products

Meat and milk together??

Just not Kosher, is it? 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why? Does it climb out of his head in the middle of the night(I totally understand why it would do that), get on a train from Manchester to London, rock up to your front door and whisper through the letter box “let me in Fred, Let me in” or something?

Yes. And it’s most annoying. 😐

I’m going to shoot it with airgun next time it happens.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m amazed that masty fanny gets through the day without exploding into a big white sticky mess…such is the quantity of little things that annoy him. **** knows what would happen if a big thing annoyed him. Maybe we’d get a thread about it, eh?

xiphon
    Free Member

This thread is entertaining, keep it up folks! 8)

Cougar

w*nkers in petrol stations who wait till they can use a pump thats on the same side as their filler cap.

Right there with you, with the caveat that sometimes it’s great cos you can just use the ‘wrong’ pump and fill up. However,

in addition to the above, our local tescos has one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years ‘pay at the pump’, SO why do evenmore **** still go into the garage to pay

Because, I have a fuel card and the auto-pumps don’t take those. (I don’t get free fuel, all my personal mileage comes off my wage, but I still fill up using a fuel card.)

Cougar

Little things that annoy you but really shouldn’t

The fact that I’m up at sparrowfart tomorrow (er, later today) to go to an incredibly high profile meeting, and I’m still up eating a sandwich when I should’ve been snoring about four hours ago. That’s annoying.

martinxyz
    Free Member

mamadirts rancid nails. ;o)

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Telesales who obviously are based in India proceed to tell you that there name is Peter or Richard. DON’T LIE ! .All hope of trying to sell me something has gone straight out of the window.

Gary_M
    Free Member

People who say ‘peeps’, yes some people do still say that
    Shirts with button down collars
    People still using the phrase ‘credit crunch’
    People saying ‘I’m starving’ when they haven’t eaten for maybe an hour and they really mean ‘my stomach doesn’t feel full so I want to eat.
    People who say they ‘need’ something when they mean ‘want’.
    Private number plates related to car make/model – ‘tt’, ‘vw’ etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Telesales who obviously are based in India proceed to tell you that there name is Peter or Richard. DON’T LIE ! .All hope of trying to sell me something has gone straight out of the window.

FTFY

retro83
    Free Member

Long menus on phone systems. Parcel Farce for instance:

Firstly I’m going to waste your time & money making you listen to a ridiculously long disclaimer and tell you that your call is being recorded for training and timewasting purposes. Then I’m going to give you over 9000 options with the one you need right at the end.

If you would like to speak to an advisor about our ‘exciting’ new range of eco delivery services press 1.

If you would like to speak to an advisor about our ‘exciting’ new range of ‘high speed’ delivery services press 2.

If you would like to speak to an advisor about a problem with an existing item press 9001.

Followed by:

All our operators are busy, please call back another time.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or when the phone just suddenly goes dead without warning – even worse 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Private number plates in general. Stupid.

xcgb
    Free Member

Decking – really hate it

monkeyp

Adverts with made up pseudo-scientific names for the ‘magic’ ingredient – mostly women’s cosmetics – Boswelox – wtf is that!

Or adverts which quote rubbish statistics – 75% of women agree this makes them fool themselves into thinking they look younger out of a survey of 3 people – possibly due to placebo effect.

Or adverts which are factually incorrect ‘Titanium – the hardest metal known to man’ on a Gillette advert some time back – no it’s not, and it doesn’t even use titanium, you mean titanium dioxide – which isn’t even a metal you xxxx!

Actually – adverts mostly

toppers3933
    Free Member

the ad that claims ‘you’d need to give youre baby 10 gallons of cows milk to provide its RDI of iron’
    small print at bottom says ‘cows milk is not a natural source of iron’!!! wtf morons.

And molgrips, they most certainly werent listening. At least until I pointed out what a useless c$@t he was. At this point he couldnt be more helpful. Too late sunshine, this ship has sailed.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When a thread gets tantalisingly close to 200 posts then stalls.
    👿

philconsequence
    Free Member

cant believe nobody has mentioned lolcats yet?

kisses for everyone!

philconsequence
    Free Member

200 :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.