Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 212 total)
  • Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

people walking in front of me, or too closley behind me

pault41
    Free Member

The person in front in the supermarket queue not putting the little “next customer” thingy behind their shopping…

AAAAAAAAARGH! KILL! MAIM! DESTROY!

That means their going to pay for yours too !!!!

colnagokid

People walking and eating (normally involving something from Greggs), and people who talk really LOUDLY into their mobile phone, these two are often combined 😈

Hohum
    Free Member

Not tidying up the flex on the vacuum cleaner properly.

Not being able to do basic knots like a half hitch when tying off something round a cleat.

People talking inane rubbish on the train to the person sat next to them, but so loudly that the whole carriage hear, shut up please!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hels – Member
    Ahh – that explains a small corner of British Culture I had never understood. Some people put the supermarket thingie on the counter, some don’t – what is the proper form ?? One should do it, but of course one should never under any circumstances speak about it, if another person doesn’t, instead display lots of sniffy body language ?? Bit like waiting in line for the bus then.

Person in front should place the thingy, as they are closest to it. Wouldn’t want the person to have to stretch across would you?

Oh, and one waits in a queue for a bus, not in a line.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

french bakeries.

a business set up to sell food – bread, pastries, cakes, flans – its prime audience (other than the early morning baguette purchasers) is people who, at lunch time, want to buy lunch – PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCT, PAY THEM MONEY.

which is why i find it bizare that they close at lunch time.

👿

BoardinBob

what will happen though is that the checkout person will make the mistake that I described earlier, then what will happen is that your items will need to be removed from the other person’s transaction before they can pay for it and you get your turn.
    Which will just mean that you spend quite a lot longer at the checkout.

Wow you’re a genius.

I can tell you’re getting really annoyed about this and suddenly the room you’re in seems hotter.

My work here is done 8)

binners

rewski – did you read the ‘cycling tribes’ feature in the guardian a few months back? The whole thing was good, but I think the species you refer too, were described thus:

The Beautiful Godzilla

The Beautiful Godzilla is a particular kind of urban female cyclist who rides as though the rest of the world were created simply to yield to her. She’s generally young, good-looking and clad in expensive clothes. She also rides an old three-speed or perhaps a 10-speed or Dutch city bike, carries her handbag on the edge of her handlebars and if she has a basket it usually contains a small dog or perhaps a baguette. She’s on her mobile phone at all times and her approach to cycling in a densely populated city is a combination of self-entitlement and Mr Magoo-type dumb luck. Like any self-entitled person, she can’t imagine a car would possibly hit her, even if she’s riding against traffic and it’s coming right at her. Actually, you sort of find yourself disappointed when it doesn’t. And just like Mr Magoo would wander into a construction site and a girder would materialise right as he was about to walk off the scaffolding, the Beautiful Godzilla blithely rides through red lights and busy intersections, emerging on the other side unscathed and just as photogenic as she was when she entered it.

Why other cyclists don’t like them: They should be dead but aren’t.

Compatibility with other cyclists: Will accept deliveries from Messengers; will develop crushes on Messengers.

Full article here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/24/bike-snobs-guide-cycling-tribes

Harry_the_Spider

Hose pipe not going back onto the reel tightly.

Not being able to get the fourth bike in the shed without having to adjust the pedals on the other 3.

Wife stuffing so much rubbish in the bathroom bin that it won’t come out. IF YOU FILL THE BIN TAKE IT OUTSIDE! DON’T COMPACT IT INTO SOMETHING WITH THE DENSITY OF A NEUTRON STAR WOMAN!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There/Their/They’re

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Whistling

**** you, enemy of happiness.

Hohum
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Hose pipe not going back onto the reel tightly.

Not being able to get the fourth bike in the shed without having to adjust the pedals on the other 3.

Wife stuffing so much rubbish in the bathroom bin that it won’t come out. IF YOU FILL THE BIN TAKE IT OUTSIDE! DON’T COMPACT IT INTO SOMETHING WITH THE DENSITY OF A NEUTRON STAR WOMAN!

Not emptying the vacuum cleaner can create a similar effect.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can tell you’re getting really annoyed about this and suddenly the room you’re in seems hotter.

nope – I just think you’re a bit silly.

binners

While we’re on the whole supermarket etiquette thing:

Women (and it is ALWAYS women) who put all there shopping through the til then act, when asked to pay for them, as if they’ve just been requested to magic a rabbit out of their arse. There then results a five minute scramble in the handbag, pulling out its contents (an anvil, canoe, 7 months worth of receipts, more make-up than the cosmetics counter in Kendals etc) before they finally get a card/cash to complete the transaction

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

crazant
    Free Member

On programmes like Emergency Bikers and the Customs type ones when they tell you whats coming up and show you the rest of the program, then show you again before and after the break…I’m watching the chuffin program i don’t want to see the whole thing in a 30 second preview…..

and breathe!!!

geoffj

Oh, and one waits in a queue for a bus, not in a line.

WTF would you know about waiting for a bus? 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Unexpected item in the bagging area……

There’ll be an unexpected sledgehammer in your voice generation are if you don’t shut up you useless piece of sh1t!

And….PMSL @ geoffj! 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

People calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover when it wasn’t made by Hoover.

davidrussell
    Free Member

press any key to boot from CD….

no, i chose to boot from CD, why do you insist that i check my work?

pah.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Crying babies in restaurants after 9pm & people who let their kids run around (whilst they ignore them) in restaurants when there’s waiters carrying trays of food and glasses.

*waits for abuse from parents* 🙄

samuri
    Free Member

And another supermarket checkout thing too.
    When you’ve bagged up and you’re ready to pay, the next person in the queue comes and stands right next to you. I’m still here you ****, wait for me to finish paying. Yes, I’m about to type my most personal 4 digit pin into this machine, I hardly want an inbred mouth breather stood right next to me watching me do it.

I pretend I’ve not seen them and bang into them.

Torminalis
    Free Member

A guy I work with always stands 10% too close to me when talking. If I move back, he moves in closer. I just want to push him over.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fred

I am so glad, and relieved, to have bin included in this.

I would’ve felt very left-out and unloved if I had bin forgotten. So thank you. 😀

rewski
    Free Member

binners – The Beautiful Godzilla – spot on

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another thing that annoys me….

Seemingly intelligent people who choose to use incorrect spelling in some misguided effort to sound “street”.

hels
    Free Member

I don’t know if this counts as a little thing, but just about every aspect of catching buses annoys me.

The bizarre etiquette whereby everyone stands in a line, but you are all getting different buses so what is the point ? And then if the bus is nearly full and the guy says “3 people only” it’s elbows out rugby scrum time. And if you do jump the line nobody says anything anyway. (not that I ever ever do that, obviously)

Old people. You get free bus travel. Stay off the buses during peak hours you selfish old droolers. And even worse, old people with free bus passes who get on wearing a works uniform. Pure brass neck that is.

Smokers. Just rack off – you smell.

Cheap Young Persons Music Playing Devices. I have to turn mine up even louder.

Two seat baggers. Your bag doesn’t get a seat. I’m not sitting up the back and getting sick so your bag can ride in style.

And the “sorry I only have this £100 note” types.

I’m sure there is more…

binners

Old people. You get free bus travel. Stay off the buses during peak hours you selfish old droolers.

Just old people generally Hels. My doctors started early morning drop-in surgeries specifically so that people who worked could get to the docs before carrying on to work. You walked in there and the waiting room was full of **** pensioners. YOU”VE GOT ALL DAY!!!!! I”VE GOT TO GO TO BLOODY WORK!!!!

hels
    Free Member

Binners – I think they have to go and spend so much time waiting outside Post Offices. That intrigues me too. Why not wait until it opens ??

bagpuss72
    Free Member

They also go to M&S at lunchtime too then complain its so busy…..*sighs*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hora’s brain. 😀

2hottie
    Free Member

Those who don’t pay full attention when driving. With a special mention to those who are: talking on the phone, eating, applying make up, having a full blown in depth debate with someone else in the car, not looking far enough ahead, middle lane hogging, no indication at junctions, not being ready at the lights. You get the idea..

My home wifi network, How can a printer just “vanish” when it is less than 300mm away from the computer!!

Religious types who knock at the door, (generally whilst I’m having my tea) and don’t get the message until you close the door in their faces that you’re not interested!

thepurist

Women (and it is ALWAYS women) who put all there shopping through the til then act, when asked to pay for them, as if they’ve just been requested to magic a rabbit out of their arse. There then results a five minute scramble in the handbag, pulling out its contents (an anvil, canoe, 7 months worth of receipts, more make-up than the cosmetics counter in Kendals etc) before they finally get a card/cash to complete the transaction

You forgot that after handing the card over, plus an unfathomable amount of time spent digging out ‘2p off Value Lard’ vouchers, they then close their purse and put it away while doing the whole chip and pin thing. They then have to get it back out of their bag and open it up again to put their payment card back in, then open another slot to put their loyalty card back into, then open a different pouch for the till receipt, then after folding the very fabric of space-time they find another pouch to open to put in the debit card receipt, then finally close the thing and pack it away again before repating the whole exercise to get their car keys out 2 minutes later. Unless of course they play the bonus round of returning the trolley to get their pound coin back!

Cougar

I love these threads.

The person in front in the supermarket queue not putting the little “next customer” thingy behind their shopping…

My related annoyance is people who, having loaded up the conveyor with their aeroplanes and other shopping, then stand waiting at the back of their shopping as far away from the till as possible. Meaning that, whilst there’s half a conveyor free, I can’t get anywhere near the sod.

Automatic doors that are really slow to open, so you have to stop and wait for them

These Class One bastards always catch me out, cos unlike most of the rest of the populace I walk like I’ve got a destination to go to at some point in the next hundred years. The doors open normally for three inches and then stop dead, I’m halfway through the other side by that point. Ow.

Children
    The parents of said children

Parents who think their feral hellspawn are little angels who can do no wrong. “Aw, he’s setting fire to that car, isn’t he sweet? Just like his daddy.” Bastards.

Ladies of the internet.
    They offer so much but you can’t even touch them.

I think you’re getting mixed up with MC Hammer there.

Wife stuffing so much rubbish in the bathroom bin that it won’t come out

My OH’s party trick is to stack up shite in the kitchen bin till it’s a foot high leaning tower of pizza standing proud of the top of the bin, then blaming me for not emptying it when it all falls over everywhere.

Unexpected item in the bagging area……

Don’t even. I’m in ASDA. It’s a loaf of bread. What were you expecting? The Mona Lisa? A kitten? A French traffic warden? Jupiter? The collected works of Shakespeare? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, IT’S A GODS DAMNED HOVIS TOASTIE, YOU SWINE OF A THING! “Assistance needed” my arse, I’m not the one suffering from baked goods identification failure.

press any key to boot from CD….

This is annoying because it’s a lie. I’ve seen it correctly in a program, once in my life; “press almost any key to continue.”

Gary_M
    Free Member

Fog lights on cars
    Whistling
    People standing in groups chatting in supermarket isles
    People who can’t/won’t walk at roughly the same pace as everyone else on a busy street
    People who commute on bikes that are really slow but always feel the need to be at the front of the traffic lights
    Food you buy from supermarkets that has a cellophane peel back lid but never **** peels back. Why does it not just say ‘stick a knife in here to open’
    Energy saving light bulbs

hels
    Free Member

Oh yes and one more about buses. Other peoples really really really boring inane might as well slash your wrists now if that is all you have to talk about, conversations that I have to hear when I have forgotten to charge my Young Persons Music Playing Device.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Related to work – illiterate people. So…

Don’t know the difference between:
    their/they’re
    of/off
    your/you’re

Put question marks at the end of sentences that are not formulated as questions.
    Think that hateful etc ends with two ‘l’s.

Lots more…

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Sweeping generalisations about an entire sex annoy me…. :mrgreen:

Not all women are like that! My switch cards in my pocket ready, I’ve finished packing at the same time she’s finished putting stuff through, Then I’ve got my card in hand then pocket receipt and walk away….

Not all women even use handbags some of us drink pints, watch football and like sex….

noteeth
    Free Member

Wife stuffing so much rubbish in the bathroom bin that it won’t come out.

+ 1 million.

I live with two female PICU nurses. Despite their incredible skill in intensive care, they seem to be incapable of emptying the kitchen bin…

thepurist

Oh another supermarket one – people who take 2 steps into the supermarket then stop dead in their tracks as if its the first time they’ve seen the inside of a shop.

Moe

People using the petrol Station to do their weekly shop, leaving they’re* car at the pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* <snigger>

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.