Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Little things that annoy you a lot
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Myself sometimes

coffeeking
    Free Member

The fact that I cant decide if the Saab advert is wrong with its “less emissions” – should it be “fewer emissions” or is it right because there’s less emissions of the same number of things.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

everything

Gary_M
    Free Member

You’re only 13, how can everything annoy you. I didn’t start getting ‘annoyed’ until I was in my 30’s.

Rivett
    Free Member

People turning right at giveway lines but not positioning there car all the way over to the centre line. Therefore stopping anyone behind getting through to make a left turn. Makes my blood boil.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

People walking/jogging two abreast down a just-wide-enough-for-two canal path who can’t work out what’s going to happen when I’m coming the other way (on one side) until we’re about 2 feet apart and everyone’s had to stop.

MrNutt
    Free Member

toothache, **** toothache!

Soup
    Free Member

The small ‘hairs’ you get on new tyres. Not sure why but they annoy me intensely. Are these the smallest annoying thing in this thread? Do I win a prize?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The fact that I cant decide if the Saab advert is wrong with its “less emissions” – should it be “fewer emissions” or is it right because there’s less emissions of the same number of things.

I think ‘less’ is OK for ’emissions’- if they were talking about CO2 particles (or whatever they are) then it would be fewer.

Anyway, back on topic…

IHN

The use of the following words:

– ‘chill’ in a non-refrigeration context
    – ‘off’ (or, indeed, the heinous ‘off of’) instead of ‘from’
    – ‘like’ instead of ‘said’
    – ‘trail’ where any numner of other words will do – path, track, bridleway, bridlepath… A trail should be at least 500 miles long.

Spongebob
    Free Member

My neighbour’s little yappy that has the most irritating squeaky high pitched bark.

jojoA1
    Free Member

‘off’ (or, indeed, the heinous ‘of off’) instead of ‘from’

People who don’t know when to use ‘off’ and ‘of’ 😉 (you have them back to front in your example)

IHN

No I don’t.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t think ‘of off’ makes any sense, and it’s quite hard to say. Not that the stupid ‘off of’ is any better. The **** on radio 1 is a key user of that phrase.

Olly
    Free Member

im no caliming to be a grammatical wonder boy, but it is just me that sees blatent, secondrary school level, errors on EVERY page of the BBC website?

Gary_M
    Free Member

It could be you, possibly. You may think things are incorrect when they’re not, ahem.

Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you a lot’ is closed to new replies.