Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • Little things that annoy you a lot
  • Stoner
    Free Member

people (oiks, chavs etc, you know who I mean 🙂 ) who play crappy “Music” out of their ‘phone speaker in public. Especially on public transport. Number of times I’ve had to get all Victor Meldrew on their inconsiderate arses. But then out here in the sticks they dont carry knives/guns/loaded hypos. Wouldnt do it in the cities …

chakaping
    Free Member

people (oiks, chavs etc, you know who I mean [:)] ) who play crappy “Music” out of their ‘phone speaker in public. Especially on public transport.

That’s not a little thing, the culprits should be subjected to Clockwork Orange style aversion therapy.

Wouldn’t mind so much if the sound quality was acceptable, back in my day you’d have got laughed out of town if you turned up for a breakdance “burn” with a mobile phone to provide the sounds.

ski
    Free Member

Mrs told me of a lady she meets every day down a country lane driving a Blue Ford KA.

The lane is narrow, only space for one car at a time, there are pull ins all along the lane to allow traffic to pass.

My Wife moans about how this Blue Ford KA never gives way, never pulls in to allow traffic to pass and never acknowledges you when she passes! Been going on for years!

Obviously my Wife is no good at the car chicken game and I did not think too much about it, until two weeks ago she gave me a lift, I was driving 😉

Sure enough, nice quiet 400 yard straight single lane, with me in a battered Mazda at one end and at the other, a Lady in a Blue KA.

😉

What would you have done?
    Remember I am a bit childish.

I pulled into the nearest pull-in, stopped the car, jumped out of the car and whiped off my work shirt, stood in the road like any childish 40 year old and did my matador impression with my shirt!

Told you I was childish, Mrs nearly wet herself, she had no idea what I was doing at first. The driver of the KA, at first looked worried, then puzzled then smiled and then…..

Waved

😉

BoardinBob

The general lack of respect people have for “stuff”

Taking Glentress on Saturday as an example. I went into toilet/ shower block after my ride and discovered in one of the cubicles that someone had ripped the toilet roll holder off the wall and there was toilet paper all over the toilet and floor.

Why would anyone think that’s acceptable? You’re provided with excellent facilities and amenities and you see fit to trash them.

Lactic
    Free Member

1, People who drive in front of you down motorway slip roads at 40mph and then brake when they can’t merge with the traffic doing 70
    2, People who stop and stand still in the middle of doorways, corridors, at the bottom of escalators etc
    3, Inanimate objects behaving with a mind of their own
    4, Moaning (irony alert)

sofatester
    Free Member

“4. Moaning”

Depends on the context i would have thought 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

Bernie Ecclestone

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I was reading this thread thinking everyone is a bit uptight and needs to just accept that people will drive badly / use bad grammar etc when I saw this:

3, Inanimate objects behaving with a mind of their own

YES!

Bloody cling film! Bloody bastard vacuum cleaner! I shout at inanimate objects that are clearly conspiring against me. I also (occasionally) throw them down and leave them as a punishment, before returning some time later to see if they’ve had time to think about their behaviour.

Stoner
    Free Member

also (occasionally) throw them down and leave them as a punishment, before returning some time later to see if they’ve had time to think about their behaviour.

I do that. Henry the hoover gets a time out on the naughty step to think things over if he keeps rolling over when I pull on his nozzle.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Henry the hoover gets a time out on the naughty step to think things over

Our Henry still carries the scars of the previous times I’ve had to punish him.

mudshark
    Free Member

richc – Member
    I am usually pretty mellow, but people cutting to the front of queues on dual carriageway or motorway contraflows really hack me off, especially when they drive right up to the cones then try and pull in at the last minute **** up the flow of traffic and making the queues worse.

Mind you I did once manage to block one so he went into the cones, irresponsible but might teach the BMW driving **** to at least slow down before he tries to force his way into traffic.

WTF! You’re supposed to merge by the time you get to the cones – ideally merge the lanes at the point of the cones, one car from each lane at a time; works nice and smoothly. Unfortunately some in this country don’t understand that and works better in other places.

Olly
    Free Member

Traveling at 50mph, merging one car frome each lane in turn, with no room to play with because your stuck up to the cones?
    it would end up with a stoppage surely?
    you move in to lane where the sign asks you to surely?
    thats what the signs for?
    its not a “suggestion”

im with richC, if your front axel is forward of thier front axel, turning your car closes them down, therefore, no matter how big thier tank, youve won.
    muHA!

206: 1 – fat pompus L200: NIL!

oldgit
    Free Member

Those special screws, you know the ones Homebase and the likes supply with everything they sell.
    The ones with no thread or soft cheese heads.

So basically anything that’s a token effort. Either do/make it properly or don’t bother.

brakes
    Free Member

allen keys – no matter how many sets I buy and how careful I am with them, I never have a complete set

and why do I never lose the f’ing useless 5.5 mm ones?

coffeeking
    Free Member

mudshark – unfortunately it seems a vast majority of the driving population are unaware of that fact. It seems the NZ transport people also had the same problem and ran a recent “merge like a zip” campaign, and when I was in Bristol some time ago I saw a sign at the side of one of the sets of cones reminding people to merge in turn.

Unfortunately it still escapes people, and they assume that you’re trying to “race” them to the merging point, or somehow threatening their manhood by getting in front. If they’d only learn to use the road correctly they wouldnt be sat miles back from the narrowing in a single line of traffic. What annoys me most is when stupid brain-dead wagon drivers then block all following traffic by pulling out half way. I’ve started coming to a halt and taking photos to send to their employers – drives me nuts!

You’re supposed to merge at the narrowing, one at a time people. This is how the roadworks and roads are designed so that you dont end up with massive tailbacks and so everyone gets through smoothly.

steve-g
    Free Member

People who drop the ‘s’ from plurals,

eg. it’s about 3 mile down the road, or it cost me 6 pound…..

….and worst of all I’m gonna get a packet of crisp FFS kill ’em all

mudshark
    Free Member

Coffeeking – a few Guardian readers agree with us…

Merging lanes

Olly – We’re talking about queuing traffic here – at merging earlier as appropriate seems more sensible.

coffeeking
    Free Member

mudshark – looks like all the people who know and practice this method are on that page, as they certainly arent out on the road! 🙂 Glad to see common sense is visible somewhere!

Olly – use the road as you normally would, wait until you reach the narrowing and merge at that point. That way the open lane doesnt become clogged more than necessary with “early darters”. The signs way back are warnings that a merge will occur soon, they give you repeated warnings as you approach so you can be signalling and ready to move, not so you can already have merged and then be screaming at the people passing you stationary at the 600 yard mark? I have no idea why you think stoppage would occur if everyoen realised you let on person from the other lane in between each car.

bruneep

DFS advert, **** Dillon family.

Rich
    Free Member

People who head at you in their car as you pass parked cars, thinking they have right of way just because the cars are on your side of the road, even though you were heading through the gap before they came along.

When you give way to let cars coming the other way past parked cars through, and people keep coming along and tagging on the back, even though they can see you have been waiting to get through for ages.

People who head for a gap that they cant get through, so instead of waiting back for a space to clear they have just blocked up the whole road with no one being able to move in any direction.

So basically, ignorance and arrogance. 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

lol at coffeeking :lol:its the rules man you dont think folks actually read those do you?

Smee
    Free Member

So, basically what most of you are saying is that folk cant drive worth shit.

How the **** do you think I feel?

mrsflash
    Free Member

People who make disgusting noises when they eat

god yes. I work with a guy who makes the most disgusting noises when he eats. Bleugh.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Blimey, I’m agreeing with most of this. I’d like to add:

Families who walk 4/5/6 abreast on a pavement forcing you to stop to one side to let the ignorant twunts pass

Lack of politeness, especially in shops. please and thank you cost nothing.

Yoof speak. Innit dumin dahn, like, mate, innit.

People not knowing what ‘personal space’ is. **** off away from me.

The english language being mauled by people that cannot pronounce words correctly. Free is not a number, fanks? etc

ah………

nonk
    Free Member

the way my back door swells when the sun gets on it.

i do mean the one into my house before you say owt.

aleigh
    Free Member

Insincere people and I’ve met a fair few of them, most of which I no longer speak to because I can’t be bothered with having people like that in my life 😕

sofatester
    Free Member

You best stop coming on here then aleigh!

MrNutt
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

Insincere people and I’ve met a fair few of them, most of which I no longer speak to because I can’t be bothered with having people like that in my life [:?]

oh really dear? surely not dear? are you sure dear? nevermind dear?
    😉
    😆

jimmy

The cock who I arranged a meeting with and said its OK to try and get his direct superior on the meeting, too, then when I try he throws his toys out because of my ‘manipulation’ of the situation. Pipe down you arse.

takisawa2

I had a mug tree once.
    It was so woefully inept in its design that if you removed one cup it would fall over. Being single at the time merely compounded the problem.

Early one spring day in 2003 I ended its short & useless existence with a large hammer.

And the chap at work who clips his toe-nails into the office bin.

bigsi
    Free Member

The girlfrieds twin brother,,, fecker 😡

waihiboy
    Free Member

people who don’t realise the petrol pump filler pipe will reach over to the other side of their car hence causing people to wait

people who dont indicate when driving, there should be £500 fix penalty for this. worst offenders are those that come to a roundabout ‘turning right’ don’t indicate until they exit, they should have snipers at roundabouts.

people who take ages at cash points and use about 4 cards to take a tenner out, these should also be taken out by snipers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

people with prams who push it into the road without looking at all.
    Closely followed by the above screaming obscenities at me for endangering their child as if I am responsible for their failings.
    Closely followed by the above then trying to apologise to me at nursery as they realised who I was and that I had my child on the bike at the time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

takisawa – I have a mug tree that you cant get mugs ON – there’s not enough room between the pegs and your end up knocking one off trying to put the others on. I feel your pain but it came with the flat so I might just have to store it until I move!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s alot I agree with on here, but one thing that pees me off is people who don’t look where they are going when walking. Supermarkets and shopping centres are the worst. You know the type – walking foreward, straight toward you, looking left into a shop window or texting or something similar. After a while it pees me off so much that I brace my shoulders and elbows and just let them bounce off me.

aleigh
    Free Member

Are you taking the p1ss out of me MrNutt? Just remember I know where you live hahahaha! 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

it really annoys me when drivers queue up the left hand lane to a mini roundabout when all you need to do is drive up the clear right hand lane and do a 540 degree turn on the roundabout to turn left.

bloody pheasant!

😉

takisawa2

I’ve never seen a pheasant driving, let alone queuing to turn left.

aleigh
    Free Member

Middle lane hoggers annoy me – there were many out in force yesterday (idiots!)

MrNutt
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member

I’ve never seen a pheasant driving, let alone queuing to turn left.

bloody non-surrealist city dewellers!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you a lot’ is closed to new replies.