• This topic has 137 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cxi.
Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • little things in daily working life that just make your spirit sink
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Another one that makes my heart sink

Logging on to the computer at work ( nhs) to be told my password had expired again and I had to change it. Why oh why do I need a new password every 6 wks? I don't have high level access, it reduces security as everyone writes their passwords down, the new one you try to use is rejected for being too similar to the last one, you end up forgetting it and having to have your password reset by IT

AAAARRRRGGHHHHHHHH

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

+1TJ,
    I'd forgotten that one despite being warned I had to change it again this morning. How many memorable words and number combos can one person have?

Xylene
    Free Member

I'd forgotten that one despite being warned I had to change it again this morning. How many memorable words and number combos can one person have?

A long time ago now, but… getting securtity notices stuck on my desk, computer etc because I had yet again failed to lock my desk, put my lab note book away or turn my computer off.

FFS I worked in washing powders at the lowest level, it's not like Tom Cruise is going to suspend himself from the ceiling read my files and say "ah, run code 2333 had a higher alkali level than other runs, that must be the secret"

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

LOL!

lol, however an employee at my old workplace managed to black mail the managing director using credentials from an unlocked PC while the user was away.

Took us a month to find out who it was.

molgrips
    Free Member

Threads like this make me really curious as to what people do.

Like PracticalMatt for instance – intriguing.

scruzer
    Free Member

Big Wigs making decissions about taking away funding from services they know F*** all about. As per many a Public Sector at the mo thanks to the Tories!! Again…

locomotive

1. Tends to p1ss me off that short term thinkers are often so heavily rewarded, and that those who think longer term aren't. Admittedly this is a gripe that extends well beyond the workplace.

2. Colleagues that send Instant Messages with opening lines such as

'Need to speak to you mega-urgently'

erm… try the phone then you f***ing kn0bhead. Then, if you ignore them for 20minutes they send a

'?'

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

On my rounds at work last night putting the double locks on I'm at the back of B wing & suddenly get this torrent of abuse from some unknown prisoner, calling me all sorts of boll0x, now I normally work on G wing so no doubt this creature doesn't even know me!
    Anyway I shouted for him to tell me what pad he's in but no, he just keeps the abuse up. I eventually shout out ' I know who you are, It's Mr Nobody, going nowhere' All he can then manage is '**** off'!
    I quite enjoy working with prisoners but It's a bit downheartening when you get this type of crap.

scaredypants

buzz-lightyear – Member
    Sorry, I should have put that in quotes: "A heart that's full up like a landfill, a job that slowly kills you, bruises that wont heal." – No Surprises, Radiohead.

Hah, no bother. Must admit, I didn't recognise the lines but I was initially joking since you're a pretty chirpy bloke. Just before I sent it I wondered if you were serious but figured what I wrote was OK either way (I took the smiley off, just in case, though 😳 )

tazzymtb

getting up a 4 in the morning to drive **** miles to have to:

crawl into a 3 ft high gap full of radiation and mercury;
    or
    jump around in clinical waste to retrieve samples to see if it's been sterilised;
    or
    run up and down a runway in a plane as it fills with smoke to determine what it is, where it's coming from or if I'm going to catch fire, while the fire crews watch at a distance with the same look on their faces as penguins who've just kicked their mate into the water to see if there are any killer whales about;

and then to have a holiday and have clients and management bombard me with shite all starting with the phrase "I see from your out of office that you are on holiday, however could you just….."

time to find a new job, or change industry all together 😥

grahamt1980

Realising that a lot of the people that I work with have the same level of maturity as a 5 yr old. Gets right on your tits

kimbers

me:
    id like to take next week as annual leave

my boss:
    are you sure? we have a lot of work to do, i think you may have to consider coming in at weekends

MrOvershoot

tazzymtb – Member
    run up and down a runway in a plane as it fills with smoke to determine what it is, where it's coming from or if I'm going to catch fire, while the fire crews watch at a distance with the same look on their faces as penguins who've just kicked their mate into the water to see if there are any killer whales about;
    time to find a new job, or change industry all together

I should Coco, quote of the week there mate 😉

Rich_s

Clear desk policies.

And

The numpty who decided we must lock our laptops to the desktop with a cable. I work out of the office at least 4 days a week and *must* (disciplinary offence) lock it to something wherever I am. In a hotel today; not one desk had any way of locking anything to it and at lunch, despite the room being locked and me having the only key, I am compelled to take the frickin thing with me into the lunch room and presumably keep it with me whilst I chew. Oh – I can't cos the security policy forbids leaving it on the floor next to me unlocked, or putting it back in the car or merely leaving it in the training room…

*plip*

MrOvershoot

Rich_s – Member

Clear desk policies.

Rich are you working for our firm 😉
    Oh yes I will clear my desk into a big bin bag & then when you ask me about a random bit of paper chucked on there 6 months ago I will say "clear desk" 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Control freak that neat picks with no respect for others.

Inbred456
    Free Member

When you go to the fridge at work for some milk for a coffee and the Tw*ts on night shift have used it all for there brecky cereal. Bring your own milk for cereal you B*stards!

cxi
    Free Member

The bloke in our office who probably has more qualifications than the rest of us combined, yet dresses and smells like a hobo 😕

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘little things in daily working life that just make your spirit sink’ is closed to new replies.