Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • little cottages on Dartmoor..
  • yunki
    Free Member

Are ACE! Especially as me and my little familia are picking up the keys to a cottage all of our vey own on Friday..

Moving house in xmas week not so ace.. but I’m sure we’ll survive

that is all

slugwash
    Free Member

Speaking as one fellow Devonian, chocolate On-one 456 rider to another who also moved house at Xmas (2006, Diptford to Dittisham, it were hell!) I hope it goes well 🙂 Happy Christmas and see you out on the moor. (Dartmoor boys bivi ride planned early January IYAI).

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sounds great, what a brilliant christmas present

Watch out for the weather, looks like that area is getting pasted later today

snaps
    Free Member

A little cottage on Dartmoor – don’t forget to take the roof option 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

That really is living the dream – good luck 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

free stew at the Snaily house…said he, jealously

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm.. thanks for the invite but I’m not really equipped for bivi rides at the moment… besides.. I’m not sure if Mrs Yunki will allow me to go to a sleep-over party with complete strangers.. she’d kill me if I got bummed and murdered ‘neath a remote tor…

I’d definitely appreciate meeting some locals and getting shown around a bit at some point though.. My previous trips to Dartmoor have usually comprised riding from one tor to the next looking for good bits.. but I’d like to learn a few loops..

Packing is all going fairly smoothly so far but with puppies.. toddlers and lots of working from home for Mrs Yunki and myself at the moment and snow and ice and xmas it’s all very hectic.. I’m looking forward to a spare morning or afternoon to get out and stretch my legs and see the sights..

thanks for all the good wishes..

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Fellow Dartmoor dweller here…where on Dartmoor are you going? Myself and a buddy ride various places across Dartmoor on a regular basis….

Have you checked the weather where you are moving? This is us at the moment…

yunki
    Free Member

We’re going to be East Dartmoor.. we were up there yesterday measuring up and unloading a few bits and bobs… and managed to get stuck as the end of our lane was very icy..

Luckily my sister-in-law was five minutes away in her 4×4 and she towed us out easily.. I was very pleasantly surprised.. shocked in fact.. at how capable a knackered old Suzuki Vitara actually is.. I’d always assumed they were all show and no go!
    Hopefully the weather won’t make the move too treacherous..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘little cottages on Dartmoor..’ is closed to new replies.