Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Litter everywhere!
  • bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

So I went for a bike ride round Dartford way (I don’t live round that area) and next to some lay-bys where all the lorries parked was loads of rubbish strewn about. This would be an obvious place to place some bins but there weren’t any. I despair about the amount of rubbish on road sides and I thought Eastern Europe was bad when I rode through it.
    Why is litter collection so low down in the councils priorities? Why not place more bins in places where people are likely to litter like outside shops or lay-bys. Also in this day and age they could put sensors on them to indicate when they are full in a similar fashion to the street lamps with aerials on them to tell the control centre when a bulb’s failed.

tjagain

Thatcher fault!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, we’ve moved on. Everything is because of Brexit now.

🙂

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Why’s it Thatcher’s fault? She’s dead isn’t she?

ninfan
    Free Member

Also in this day and age they could put sensors on them to indicate when they are full

What sort of temperature range do these sensors work in?

tjagain

CFH – but I can make a logical case for it being Thatchers fault – I am not sure I can for leaving the EU

slowoldman

Why is litter collection so low down in the councils priorities?

Why does creating litter seem to be so high on the priority of some people?

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

So bins that are fireproof then? That is almost like saying rubbish is better strewn around the street than actually finding a solution to it.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

And why can’t the government introduce schemes that encourage people to return their rubbish. Plastic bottles dispensers like in China where you get money in return. We use to have a scheme that encouraged returning of glass bottles for a reward. What happened to that? And also why isn’t this sort of thing taught to kids at school?

Needless to say I’m bitter about the litter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Litter everywhere!’ is closed to new replies.