• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Liteville owners – running dropper cable under top tube?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just flicking through the manual for my 601 and noticed the recommended cable routing for the front mech is under the top tube. Got me thinking that, maybe, this could be a good option for the dropper cable on my Thomson.
    Anyone tried it?

wwaswas

I run the cable for my KS Lev under there on my 301 – I thought that was what it was there for, tbh as they do the triple guides on the down tube for gear and brake stuff?

It works a treat, it’s designed that it’ll exit just under the brace.

They do recommend running droppers with a ‘fixed’ actuation point on the post, though, from memory.

stevied
    Free Member

And there was me thinking this, probably, wouldn’t get any replies 😳

They do recommend running droppers with a ‘fixed’ actuation point on the post, though, from memory.

Yeah, it says about the lower cable actuation. At the mo, mine runs down the downtube then through the swingarm to the seatpost so gets a little close to the rear tyre. Might have a play later to see if it’ll work.

wwaswas

pics too 🙂

welshfarmer

Had this trouble when I first got my 301. I swapped my old Reverb over but the only way to run it was through the small triangle at the top of the swing arm and then along the bottom of the top tube. The routing under the tube was fine (though getting the cable ties into the silly tie-offs was a bit convoluted!) but the loop through the swingarm was far from ideal. I quickly decided on a stealth as the only sensible option (though tis then needed the triple guides on the down tube 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Seeing that WW makes me wish my Lev hadn’t failed twice, very neat 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I went for stealth reverb on my 301 with hose emerging above bottom bracket and up along the top side of the downtube.

WW’s routing is as designed/recommended only for fixed cable point (as WW said earlier).

My 601 is stealth reverb too. Sorry, haven’t tried external reverb on either.

stevied
    Free Member

Well, for those interested, I can confirm that routing the cable under the top tube works well.
    Used a double clamp at the headtube end and used the last 3 eyelets with cable ties. Cable sits nicely underneath the top tube and exits neatly by the seat tube. Also stays well away from the back wheel 😀

rob2
    Free Member

Ditto on my 301 but I also zip tied to the seat tube so it can’t snag on the linkage when the seat is down and at full compression. Was slightly worried it might get scissored in the linkage as the cable ‘sags’ when the saddle is dropped

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Liteville owners – running dropper cable under top tube?’ is closed to new replies.