• This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Liteville Mk 11 – dropper post content
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

Hi any 301 owners out there, what dropper posts are you running ?

The Mk11 I have has internal routing for a dropper with a hole at the junction of top tube and seat post.
    It strikes me that this works well for non-stealth reverb, but how would you route a stealth ?

P20

The Mk11 is routed for stealth as well. I’ll be running a normal post though

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Liteville do a DIY guide for drilling a new hole at the base of the seat tube at the bb… if you fancy getting the drill out.

P20

New for MK11
    – Full Integrated “Syntace VarioSpin tapered” headset (+/- 1.5°)
    – Fox Float CTD shock with Kashima coating and Liteville specific tune
    – Entry point at seat tube for internal dropper post cable routing
    – XXL has geometry optimised for 29″ wheels (650b on the rear is optional)

P20

I’ve seen the instructions for the homebrew option. I wouldn’t be taking a drill to a 2k frame even with the manufacturers blessing/tutorial!!

butterbean
    Free Member

Has anyone run one of these as a dedicated 27.5″ setup?

I’ve got a friend interested who is interested in one but is struggling to find any information about geometry with the mid sized wheels.

I had a quick scoot about earlier & the tables relate to 26″ geometry & list the BB height as +10mm over the axles, which is fairly high, by current standards, with a decent sized 27.5″ it’s going to be up in the clouds…

Can anyone confirm the numbers are in fact correct? Seems a bit odd to make a bike setup like that now?

pymwymis
    Free Member

P20 I see the hole for internal routing from bars to seat post but then the routing is external as per standard reverb. It’s no deal breaker but I just wondered as I’ve never had a bike with an happy downy seat post.

Like you I don’t think I’ll be drilling my frame !

When you say normal seat post, you mean no uppy downy goodness ? Seems a shame on such a capable frame. 🙂

P20

pymwymis – Member

Hi any 301 owners out there, what dropper posts are you running ?

The Mk11 I have has internal routing for a dropper with a hole at the junction of top tube and seat post.

Thats the bit that confused me. I was on about the entry at the base of the seat tube by the front mech which then runs externally up the downtube to the bars.

I never drop my post. I tried it on wor lasses nicolai, but didn’t feel the need

pymwymis
    Free Member

Butterbean, this should help.

If I’m reading it right then they are saying that the increased axle to crown and bigger wheels for 650b add only 6mm to standover.

Possibly due to greater rake ? Greater axle offset ? I’m not sure I can explain it but that seems to be what it says.

Wht on an confirm is that the mk11 will definitely take 650b in the rear no problem.

pymwymis
    Free Member

P20 hadnt noticed the hole you refer to yet. Must investigate further.

You and your lass have got some bikes there !! Very nice.

Rik
    Free Member

If I’m reading it right then they are saying that the increased axle to crown and bigger wheels for 650b add only 6mm to standover.
    Possibly due to greater rake ? Greater axle offset ? I’m not sure I can explain it but that seems to be what it says.
    Wht on an confirm is that the mk11 will definitely take 650b in the rear no problem.

Would love to know where this from as there is no mention of 650b geometry in the Litevillle website

P20

Not mine, but the entry point for the stealth is shown at the base of the seat tube in This photo

butterbean
    Free Member

I’ve done a bit more scooting about and actually found a page with reference to the MK11 running the 140 plates and 27.5″ wheels with various tyres.

It looks to be lower than it should be, based on the measurements on the Liteville site. All were under 14″ with an Ardent it was around 13.8″ from memory.

Bear in mind most BB measurements (like frame weights) from manufacturers are generally a fudge, measured with super skinny tyres and a fork with the lowest A2C they can find. I’m not sure the Liteville is as bad as it would appear on paper.

Rik
    Free Member

Any links?

butterbean
    Free Member

It was at home I found it, I’ll have a look in my history & drop the link in here later when I’m home.

chuffnuts

I use a KS Lev with the cable poking through the top tube gaps in to the shaft. Looks really neat.

rotel
    Free Member

Have KS Lev looks very tidy, . Hopefully Jungle will sort the issue with the post and I’ll be able to stick with it, have a Mk10, do not want to drill the frame for a Stealth or have a cable loop.

Had Gravity dropper turbo on it before (you can’t fault the simplicity of the GD but it’s not what you could call pretty) but the cable routing from the post through the hole in top tube was a problem, the angles to tight so cable did not run well and stuck. The new Gravity dropper turbo LP has Lower profile cable routing at the post so might work

boltonjon

Happyily run my Mk10 with a Reverb – cable loop is no more of a problem than gear cables between the handlebar and frame

Although Liteville have provided instructions to owners of pre-Mk11 301 frames to drill stealth holes, it does invalidate the warranty

As the great warranty was one of the selling points to me, i’ll be non-Stealth until my next frame upgrade

Awesome bike though 🙂

butterbean
    Free Member

For those interested, I promised one my riding buddy I would make the time when at Eurobike to hunt out the Litville stand & take a tape measure to check the BB height.

Luckily, they had a large 301 with 160mm plates & a 160mm Fox 34 on it along with a set of 650B wheels on the stand.

The BB measured ~357mm on it. The tyres were a Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.3 front & a Rock Razor 2.3 rear (which incidentally are MASSIVE compared to the First Ride samples of the same tyres I have been using. They utterly dwarf a Hans D by comparison)).

Considering the size of the tyres, and that being a near on real life measurement, that’s actually pretty low compared to other actual measurements in my experience, rather than some of the make believes you see.

Bear in mind if you run it with 140 plates, it’s an extra 10mm lower again.

Looking at them as well, it’s a nicely thought out design, with a lot of good features. The suspension looks a bit odd under compression, but having known nothing about them, it looks like a cool bike.

Rik
    Free Member

Luckily, they had a large 301 with 160mm plates & a 160mm Fox 34 on it along with a set of 650B wheels on the stand.

The BB measured ~357mm on it.

Very interesting and very surprising measurements 😀

Any photos of the bike – sounds ace!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Liteville Mk 11 – dropper post content’ is closed to new replies.