Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Liteville 301 Rear Tyre Clearance
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

As there are a few of us on here with Litevilles I’d just like ask you all about rear tyre selection on the rear for 27.5.

My 301 is an L. Rims are Syntace w35.

I have owned my bike under a year and so far have bought four rear tyres.

Nobby Nick 2.25 (old one). No problem with clearance but naff tyre. Bugger to set up tubeless and ripped after about 6 rides.

Mavic Cross roc 2.2. No problem with clearance and great tyre but made a massive hole in it in a rock garden. I’ve repaired it but I don’t think its going to stand up to abuse anymore and I’ve lost confidence in it. I’d definitely buy Mavic tyres again though.

Continental Trail King 2.2. Impossible to set up tubeless. I’ll either take it to the LBS so they can do it or sell it.

Michelin Wild Grip’r 2.25. Yet to be tested but MASSIVE tyre for the advertised 2.25. I pumped it up to 40 psi to seat it and it rubbed the frame. Letting it down to 30 and i have about 0.5mm gap.

What tyres are you lot using? Anyone speak German? I’m sure there must be loads of German forums chunding on about this very same subject.

rob2
    Free Member

In typical stw fashion I’ll not answer the question but put my own view 🙂

I use a 2.4 26″ nobby nic which is pretty big and works well I find.

Much as I like mine, I think the liteville is really a 26″er that happens to take some 650b tyres but the clearance is just too tight for big 650b tyres.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

In typical stw fashion I’ll not answer the question but put my own view

and I’ll do the same…

Much as I like mine, I think the liteville is really a 26″er that happens to take some 650b tyres but the clearance is just too tight for big 650b tyres.

That would be my view too.
    Mine’s an XL 301 Mk11 and I spent ages searching out pics of 27.5 wheels and tyres in the rear. In the end I decided it was too tight for UK (muddy) conditions and chose 26″ W35 for the back and 27.5 for the front. No regrets.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vonplatz
    Free Member

I’ve thought that maybe I should have gone 26 for rear wheel but too late now and to be honest I haven’t found the tyres I’ve put on to be too small so no regrets either.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I know we’re on different sized wheels but I’ll throw it into the mix anyway…
    I’ve been running a dual ply Maxxis Larsen TT, set up tubeless on the W35 rim with Stans. It’s been excellent in all but the worst of slop (eg this year’s Mega, where I had to swap out for something knobblier) and it’s quite a small profile too. I don’t know if they are available in 27.5 but worth checking.

Crell
    Free Member

Yep, I wouldn’t say there’s a huge amount of clearance on a 26 2.2 Rubber queen if you’re bothered about winter muck, but I wouldn’t try the 2.4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 Rear Tyre Clearance’ is closed to new replies.