Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Liteville 301 Mk11 Chain Device
  • ferrit
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of a MK11 301 – the first with no ISCG tabs. Bugger.

Old Straitline Silentguide is tab-only mount.

Anyone got any recommendations for a chain guide (probably top-only) that fits with no issues?

Also, on a side-not – has anyone used the Liteville-specific SCS chain device that bolts onto the chainstay? Any comments?

Cheers in advance!

wwaswas

I use the chain stay mounted one with a thick thin ring and a non-clutch mech and not had any problems with dropped chains.

ferrit
    Free Member

Aha! Good man. Is it ok with a single-ring? Assuming the 2-ring version is the one to go for. (running a 32T)

The only place I can seem to find them is here – did yours come with the bike or did you buy afterwards?

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Syntace/SCS-II-Kettenfuehrung-Typ-II-301-601-p29097/

wwaswas

I use the two chain ring version – I got it from Bromley Bike’s ebay store when they were selling a few off cheap – might be worth ringing them to see if they have any?

ferrit
    Free Member

Ah – top tip. Yeah, Bromley always seem to have cheap Liteville stuff on the go – thanks.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Why don’t you just use a BB mount plate. Then you can run any device you want?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Narrow Wide ring?

droppinneutron
    Free Member

That Syntace chainguide is a bargain

welshfarmer

Mine has both! A BB mounted Blackspire top guide and the Syntace proper job. However, having just bought it and waiting for bits to build it up I can’t comment on how good or otherwise it is yet! Lad I bought it from said the Syntace guide was very noisy though.

augustuswindsock

I’ve mk11 with a single ring and clutch mech, was dropping chain something chronic, I bought a direct mount derailer off ebay for £8, fitted it (with a couple of washers to push it out a bit) and it’s never come off since, despite hammering round all the trails where once chain would be bouncing off constantly!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I have the Syntace SCS guide on mine.
    It works extremely well but the inserts are prone to wear in UK conditions.
    I’ve not found it noisy at all though. Running 2×10 on a triple XT crank, with big ring removed to fit a Syntace bash instead.
    My SCS guide originally came with the polymer insert for triple but I fitted double insert when that wore out (circa 1 year). It’s the same thing but with a narrower surface, as you’d expect. Functionally identical unless you’re wanting to run a triple.

I probably wouldn’t bother with the SCS guide TBH if I was running single narrow-wide. Very effective on double though.

ferrit
    Free Member

Hob Nob – great call – thanks!

Can use this to mount my Silentguide – winner!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/e-thirteen-iscg-mounting-plate-iscg-05/rp-prod11453

Thanks for the replies folks – will consider these for the future.

chickenman

Mk11 with single ring, NW 30t and clutch mech. Don’t drop chains at all unless the clutch is switched off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 Mk11 Chain Device’ is closed to new replies.