• This topic has 50 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Liteville 301, have i been sold a pup?
  • andybrad

As in the wrong bike.

Ordered a MK11 301 from bromley bikes. However its turned up with an RP23 instead of CTD and it doesnt have a lower routing for the dropper post.

Yes it was a good buy but im feeling a little deflated after MUCH excitement.

So
    is the rp23 any good? ive only used ctd before.
    any way how to find out what MK frame it is?

is it still worth swapping the bits over from my 2013 five?

stevied
    Free Member

It’s listed as having a CDT so get on to them about that, not as description 🙁

I’m pretty sure this describes the Mk11 and does say it’s got stealth routing on seat tube.

http://www.liteville.de/t/25_29.html

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did you talk to Bromley or come straight here?

was it the one off eBay

Shock: Custom tuned Fox CTD shock with Kashima coating and Liteville specific custom valving

andybrad

yup off ebay,

tried contacting them but not got a reply as yet. Thought i would ask for advice here as well

stevied
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure my 601 has the Mk? number laser etched on the top tube, will double check later, so might be worth checking any etchings.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

020 8460 4852

they don’t bite

P20

I don’t think the Mk10 had internal routing

Edit: http://www.liteville.de/t/25_29.html

New for MK11
    – Full Integrated “Syntace VarioSpin tapered” headset (+/- 1.5°)
    – Fox Float CTD shock with Kashima coating and Liteville specific tune
    – Entry point at seat tube for internal dropper post cable routing
    – XXL has geometry optimised for 29″ wheels (650b on the rear is optional)

theotherjonv

It’s listed as having a CDT so get on to them about that, not as description

Don’t go in all guns blazing until you’ve checked to see if it also says ‘specifications subject to change’

scandal42
    Free Member

Even if they are ‘subject to change’ would you not expect to be informed?

theotherjonv

yes, but makes it a bit less black and white and a bit more grey.

wwaswas

For an E-bay listing for a specific frame it should be accurate.

Mk10 = no port for internal dropper, Mk11 = should have one.

andybrad

nope doesnt, Just had a chat with them and ill check it over and get back to them tomorrow.

wind well and truly out of my sales atm 🙁

stevied
    Free Member

Mk10 came with a CDT: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Liteville-301-MK10-Tested.html
    No cable routing for dropper though

andybrad

I’m fairly sure that pinkbike pic is an rp23

So what’s the difference between an rp23 and ctd apart from the leavers

goby

see this link for the mk11, show quite allot of detail and dropper post hole.

http://syntace.my1.cc/liteville/pdf/Bedienungsanleitung_Liteville_301_Mk11_englisch_ver-02_HQ.pdf

andybrad

Yup. All Mk11 literature shows the hole

stevied
    Free Member

Ah, the PB link is a bit misleading: • Shock: Fox RP 23 CTD with Kashima coating

andybrad

yup thats the one

Northwind

On the fence; my RP23 is better than my CTD. The first CTD was pretty much the same moment that Fox forgot how to do damping, wasn’t it?

welshfarmer

The hole need not be a deal breaker if they are prepared to knock something off the price. There is a Liteville technical document that does a step by step guide to drilling a hole in the earlier frames. It won’t void the frame warranty either.

Seems a bit off though to be sold something different from that which is advertised

woodster

Yeh, I agree that the RP23 is a better shock IMO.

It’s a good deal and I’m sure they’ll take it back and refund you, but I’d be happy with it as it is.

wwaswas

It won’t void the frame warranty either.

although it does for the down tube.

stevied
    Free Member

There is a Liteville technical document that does a step by step guide to drilling a hole in the earlier frames. It won’t void the frame warranty either.

http://syntace.my1.cc/liteville/pdf/RockShox_Reverb_Stealth_an_Liteville_engl.pdf

andybrad

yea it voids the warranty.

Ill see what its like tonight and if they are willing to knock a fair chunk off else ill be sending it back. the other issue is its 190x50mm shock which is a bit harder to get hold of from the 200×57 of the mk11

goby

Just being curious how tall are you in going for the medium?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

100% indisputable fact that the Mk11 has a dropper cable entry point just above the BB. (Mine has).
    If yours has not, then it’s NOT a MK11.

Standard fit shock on MK11s is the CTD. (I hardly ever use it at all. It sits in either the middle position or full open all day)

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

That listing is clearly for a Mk11 so I guess you have a reason to feel hacked off. The Orange 5 is same shock i think 190 x 50 but tune might be different. Plenty of newish CTD knocking about if it bothers you, the RP23 in that guise is pretty good.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Oh, and that photo on the ebay ad is a MK10, not a MK11.
    The giveaway is the ISCG tabs that are clearly visible in the pic.
    MK11 does not have ISCG tabs.

Item description and photo differ. That should be sufficient for a full refund if that’s what you decide you want.

P20

Shame it’s not what you thought, but still a cracking price.

andybrad

really in 2 minds about what to do with it. 🙁

jairaj

What options did the seller give you?

gamo
    Free Member

Mk 10 has a 200 x 57 shock!
    Ive a mk11 my brother a mk10 other than the vario headset(never changed it) and dropper port(a hole) they are the same frame! Took the Ctd(awful) of mine and replaced it with a Pushed Rp23(fantastic) he replaced the stock Rp23 with a Monarch Debonair which he thinks is great.
    Both are amazing riding bikes.

gamo
    Free Member

Also the dropper cable routing on the mk10 is hidden under the toptube so all you see is the loop.

easygirl

Keep it
    I got the same bike from Bromley about 18 months ago
    I to a great bike , the shock is tuned for the bike and is great
    I changed for a ctd, used it for 3 months, then changed back and flogged the ctd
    Don’t expect much help with parts etc from Bromley, I believe they are no longer dealers for liteville, I had a problem a few weeks ago and didn’t get any help from them

iain1775
    Free Member

you havent been sold what was advertised, but at that price its still a bargain and definately not a pup
    clearly up to you and see what they have to say about it but if it was me I would be keeping it (but trying for a little bit of refund to compensate)

hora
    Free Member

So you’ve been sold effectively an older model with a lesser shock. EBay doesn’t allow for ‘actual item may vary from listibg’. Sorry I’d be opening a dispute and either asking for them to arrange collection or a discount. No discount or listed as described forthcoming? PP dispute and neg.

bobbyspangles

its advertised as a mk11 and thats a mk10 with the iscg tabs and no stealth routing.
    I would be asking for some form of compensation

woodster

I think the compensation ask is a bit rich. It’s still a bargain so if I was the seller I’d refund you and have it collected knowing that I could simply relief it and sell it again.

How mxuh would you even try to get off?

andybrad

ill give them a call today. if they dont offer anything ill ask them to collect it. The guy i spoke to yesterday seemed nice so im hoping for a reasonable conversation.

considering i now have to purchase a ks lev instead of a reverb ill be considerably out of pocket.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301, have i been sold a pup?’ is closed to new replies.