Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Liteville 301 Fork Choice
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m pretty much sold on a liteville 301 frame but I need a bit of help selecting a fork.

I’m inbetween a RockShox Pike RCT3 (Dual Position Air, 650B) 160mm and an X-Fusion Sweep RL2 DLA 160/130mm Tapered 650b Fork.

I want to have adjustable travel not only to be able to set it for climbing but I would also like to take advantage of the fact that the frame offers two travel options (140 – 160) and have one fork for both guises.

Does anyone know if there are forks with 3 positions? eg. 120 – 140 – 160?
    If not, does anyone know if you can modify the forks to be travel between say 110 – 140 and then change them again to be able to go 130 – 160?

I’m leaning towards the x fusion due to it being a good bit cheaper and getting very positive reviews. Any thoughts?

easygirl

I’ve got the pike yiu described on my 301, very plush in the open setting, and virtually locked in the road setting
    Seem great up to now, only had them 2 months

vonplatz
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me the differences between the mk10 and 11?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mk11 has Reverb Stealth routing, Float CTD rather than an RP23, and a couple of other changes (adjustable headset I think was one) etc.

Rickos
    Free Member

Don’t quote me, but I think the lower travel on Rock Shox dual position has a different (softer?) spring rate for slow climbing. I don’t think it’s meant to be an alternative full time use travel setting in the way Talas is.

P20

I’ve got old Vanilla 140mm on mine. I think the Pike will be its replacement when the time comes. Don’t think the MK10 does 650b, though could be wrong. Mk11 has vario headset thing and stealth routing

vonplatz
    Free Member

Still in a kerfuffle. I’m ideally looking for a 140 – 160mm travel adjustable fork. This looks good but won’t be out till 2015 according to pessimists.

What’s the received wisdom about having different travel fore and aft? Would having 140 back 160 front be all screwed up?

vonplatz
    Free Member

Anyone?

Mugboo

My Hemlock was 160/100 and felt great, in fact one or two folks on here would love a decent company to produce one.

Brant developed one called the G6 I think?

Crell
    Free Member

I just bought one last night. Ive been wondering what to do re build and might start trying a 150 rev (140 frame) that I can pull off another bike. Lots of the seem to get built up with Devilles.

I went for the mk11, though they have instructions on the liteville site on how / where to drill your mk10 if you want to do DIY stealth reverb routing..

messiah
    Free Member

I’d love to try the new Formula ThirtyFive forks but they are far from cheap 😯

gamo
    Free Member

150mm pikes on mine and a great match, had 140 floats on briefly and not as good.Mk 10 and 11 are 650b compatable only differences are stealth routing and adjustable headset on mk11. Ace bike’s

Crell
    Free Member

…and Bromley have already dispatched my new frame. Impressed. Need to sort out one of the post shims and build spec.

Is anyone running a non-stealth reverb? Does it work using the routing (outlet) on the top tube / seat stay area or do you have to use one of the normal cable guides?

vonplatz
    Free Member

Still wondering about original question…

What do people think about 140 rear 160 front?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

A few reviews suggested it rode best in that configuration.

The one I rode was a 160 front & 140 rear. It was fine.

chickenman

Fascinating! I’ve just bought a mk10 and am swithering between a QR 140 Rev and an air Lyrik; so either underkill or overkill 😯

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

I have a Mk10. 140 rear, 160 front (Fox float 36). Previously had the forks lowered to 150. Short stem, wide bars, 1×10 gears etc.. I ride fairly steep tech local trails so need to be able to go both up and down. Works fine for me although took a bit of time to get the set up balanced. I used to ride travel adjust forks but don’t really miss having the option. You just learn to ride differently and get fitter!

I also have a normal reverb on my liteville. Cable fits fine if you have it crossing the back of the seatpost so it compress easily and not get in the way.

I found that the 301 frame sizing came up a bit small for my liking. I originally bought a medium (off here) which was a tad too short. Now have a large which is better. I’m about 5 foot 10.

I have 26″ wheels as well. Not sure how much clearance you’d have running 650b with decent endure/trail type tyres. Would be interesting to try the option of having a 26″ rear and 650b front set-up.

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Just to add. Tried the 301 with 160mm rear rockers and front (new Pike RCT3). I think it raised the bottom bracket and steepened the head angle a bit too much. Nice and fast riding up and along but steep plummets felt less controlled than with my previous 140mm rear and 160mm Fox 36 float front. Damping on the new pikes is great but they have a steeper crown to dropout angle than a Fox 36 so it feels like the front wheel is further back on step descents. Plus they’re about a cm shorter. Still a versatile frame though, which is partly why I got one.

pymwymis
    Free Member

I have x-fusion sweeps on my mk11.

Loving them so far, getting full travel but still plenty of support and very plush.

Total build weighs exactly. 29lb in pedals and stealth reverb.

chickenman

Running an air 160mm Lyrik and 140mm at the rear; will save up for something lighter up front…

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

I’m running 160 Marzocchi 55’s front and 140 back. Been meaning to get some 160 rocker plates but haven’t felt an urgent need for more travel on the back. Mrtrotter’s making me think I should forget about it as I’ve been really impressed with it on the steep stuff and wouldn’t want to compromise that.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 Fork Choice’ is closed to new replies.