Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Litespeed distributers/dealers in UK
  • jimw
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a current dealer in the West Midlands or the distributers? I am after some specific parts rather than frames or built bikes. The list that comes up via google is clearly out of date and Litespeed site only mentions Wiggle
    Thanks

singlesteed
    Free Member

Evans cycles

jimw
    Free Member

Thanks for that but Evans can’t help

Anyone know who is the UK distributer for Litespeed now?

The guy I spoke to at Evans wasn’t sure, then looked it up and said the American Bicycle group, but this is basically the parent company in the states. I’m hoping to find the UK agent for them.

Thanks

amplebrew

You can deal with ABG direct.

They also have an online shop depending on what you want.

I contacted Litespeed a few years ago over a head tube badge and all the contact I had came from an @americanbicyclegroup.com e-mail address.

They were very helpful and quick to respond back then.

cinnamon_girl

Do wish you hadn’t posted that link amplebrew! I’ve just been drooling over a stem. 😳

😀

amplebrew

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Do wish you hadn’t posted that link amplebrew! I’ve just been drooling over a stem.

Always a pleasure 😀

Nice to see that they’ve gone back to a proper head badge and got rid of the sticker.

jimw
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I am after a small part in one of the kits they are advertising but was hoping not to have to buy the whole thing- especially considering the $40 postage fee. Looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet

amplebrew

jimw – Member
    Thanks for that. I am after a small part in one of the kits they are advertising but was hoping not to have to buy the whole thing- especially considering the $40 postage fee. Looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet

It’s definitely worth contacting them first as they were very helpful and quick to reply. They might just sell you the individual part.

cinnamon_girl

Nice to see that they’ve gone back to a proper head badge and got rid of the sticker.

Much better! Seriously tempted, have you actually seen it in the flesh? Presumably there’s import duty to pay on these items?

Thanks. 🙂

amplebrew

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Much better! Seriously tempted, have you actually seen it in the flesh? Presumably there’s import duty to pay on these items?

Thanks.

I’ve not seen a newer Litespeed in the flesh, but my previous Obed frame was lovely. The matt finish on it was great and the stickers were really understated.

I’m pretty sure that they don’t have anyone in UK so unless they have a distributor elsewhere in the EU you’d get stung for the import duty.

Wiggle is selling a couple of frames off cheaper, but they’re no longer involved with Litespeed.

cinnamon_girl

OK, thanks amplebrew. 🙂

jimw
    Free Member

It’s definitely worth contacting them first as they were very helpful and quick to reply. They might just sell you the individual part.

I did get a quick reply to the question, but no, I have to buy the whole kit. Oh well, an easy way to spend $100 (plus import duties)
    Thanks for the replies

amplebrew

jimw – Member

I did get a quick reply to the question, but no, I have to buy the whole kit. Oh well, an easy way to spend $100 (plus import duties)
    Thanks for the replies

Great that you got a quick reply 😀

Not great that you have to buy a full kit 🙁

Maybe as a last resort e-mail a few of European dealers listed on the Litespeed site on the off chance they might have the part. Even if you still need to buy the full kit, you’ll avoid any import charges etc.

Really hope you get it sorted anyway.

Andy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Litespeed distributers/dealers in UK’ is closed to new replies.