Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Listen up Aleigh , Anna CG, Knottie ,Sharki or others who have rode with me.
  • oldfart

Indulge me please !(you are allowed to bend the truth )I know i make a point of being the grizzled old mountain man but this is too much!!I am getting a bit peed off with being asked when i am going to retire from work !!!!!when i’m delivering .When i take exception and say i’ve still got a WAY to go they come across all apologetic .One woman even said i looked FRAIL FFS! (that was just after i returned to work to be fair)I know i like honesty but this is a bit too much !!!Just the other day another woman said i was looking better , she explained i had been looking rough !!!So is it time to curl me toes up ? (not too honest please!!)or is there life in the old dog yet?

druidh
    Free Member

oldfart

There are some from Knottie from the Purbecks ride .Don’t say i didn’t warn you ! What i need is a virtual group hug!

mikey74
    Free Member

From what I saw last summer, there is alot of life in the old dog yet. Ignore the idiots.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Oh, Oldfart! That’s bad 🙁
    Mikey74 says it right. You are fit and active and witness your funky clothes! An army friend of mine said to me once keep fit stay young. Ask the rude folk out on a 30 mile ride in the Purbecks then we’ll see who should be retiring.
    Consider yourself virtually hugged 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Mr Fart – you need to listen to Auntie C_G! Laugh, laugh again and laugh some more 😆

Ask them if they would like to see you stomping up a hill at the Purbecks on your Hummer. Then ask “could you do that?”.

That will shut the beggars up 😉

Massive virtual group hug all round 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Time you had a mid-life crisis, died your hair and started wearing leather trousers mate. Strut your stuff at the Big Bike Bash*, you looked fine to me.

*If you are still alive then

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Take no notice of them. You’re as old as you feel (and judging by the way you rode up those hills in the Q’s, you feel pretty good)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You love it really!

😉

I can’t wait to be old. I’m gonna make a cracking old bloke. I shall have a terrier and play bowls. I’ve already decided.
    🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

You look mighty fine to me OF and you rather suit combats 😉

Drac

Your not old I know someone on here who is older than you and can ride all day and up all the hills.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If you’re under 25 you look a bit rough to be fair. Otherwise that back didn’t seem to be creaking too much last week.

Lubricate with cider regularly and there’s years left in you.

knottie8
    Free Member

your one fit bloke ! You out climbed me several times over last weekend. I sometimes feel old riding with mainly younger folk but not on our group rides funny enough. Age doesnt seem to matter one bit.

aleigh
    Free Member

Age doesn’t matter at all Mr K 😀

knottie8
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

i’d be proud of the grey 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

OF – can you PM me regarding Exmoor? Thank you muchly 🙂

Epic
    Free Member

Get yourself an Ironman cap to wear to work. They’ll just think you’re late 40’s, but spent too many hard days training in the Lanzarote sun 🙂

oldfart

Ohhh shucks i love you all !!!! Just got a lovely warm feeling (just nipping to the bathroom to check my Tena Man pad!!!!)Aleigh sorry what does PM mean ?(there i really am ancient !!)

aleigh
    Free Member

Private mail aka email me please as I don’t have your email address 8)

I didn’t know what it meant until last year BTW! 😆

oldfart

It’s ok warm feeling was just genuine embarrassment think my red face is calming down now !Once again thanks one and all .Mike enjoy Whistler and say hello to the boys and girls at T2R for me.

avdave2

“others who have rode with me.”

Take heart you still have the grammar of a child. 😀

knottie8
    Free Member

oldfart
    I’ve spent the evening printing piccies but cant find your postal address.
    Email it to me again please………………..

sharki
    Free Member

Ask them to go out for a ride with.. ask them if they could do what you do with your mass potato bones…ask them why have they idled their lives away to maintain their ‘not looking so youthful themselves’……ask them could they at your age pull that very attractive lady at the holford layby…..

Thought not silly sods, ignore them and go ride your bike…carefully! oldbutnotoldlookingfart.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mike enjoy Whistler and say hello to the boys and girls at T2R for me.

Will do, cheers mate.

scraprider
    Free Member

tell to go f$%&k them selfs , had the same at my place of work , im 46 offerd the guy a wizz round woodbury , he declined, enjoy matey i am.

oldfart

Shane you are a gent sir !PS I’m guessing you meant mash potato ? Anyway take it easy get mended soon so we can get your recovery ride going.

Trampus
    Free Member

It’s all in the mind. Change you’re name to “youngfart”. Things will be reet! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Change you’re name to “youngfart”

MrWarmFartyPants might be more appropriate…

genghispod
    Free Member

Every time I got off to push last week, you were already waiting at the top, and I’m only 43. Don’t seem to like cheery teenage girls though do you?

saladdodger
    Free Member

or try “whogivesafart” might be better 😉

oldfart

genghis remind me which bike were you on?oh and don’t you think it would be so WRONG if i did like cheery teenage girls?

genghispod
    Free Member

OF – Marin Rocky Ridge, combat trousers, declined hill to obelisk and went home to drink beer. That was me. As for not liking teenage girls I was referring to the cheerleaders on the descent before the pub who you described as “stupid f@@@@@G bitches”!

cinnamon_girl

Hey, that was funny hearing those cheers. At least they were out in the fresh air rather than shopping 🙄

Trust me, oldfart, us (old) girlies get some stick for riding bikes 😆

genghispod
    Free Member

CG it was funny. You still have more stamina than me though, before you start feeling sorry for yourself! Going to bed now.

Andy

genghis – last seen sitting at the bottom of that big hill laughing at us as we heaved up there!

Mr F, you certainly didn’t come across as Old at all. Anyone who can neck cider at lunchtime on a big ride is rock hard IMO!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

“others who have rode with me.”

Take heart you still have the grammar of a child.

No, because that would be ‘rided with me’.

Or, ‘rolled wit ma crew, innit’.

Or something.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Listen up Aleigh , Anna CG, Knottie ,Sharki or others who have rode with me.’ is closed to new replies.