Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • List of new MTB trails/trail centres opened in 2015
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m trying to compile a list of all the new MTB-specific trails and trail centres that opened up to the public this year.

I’ll kick the list off with:

1. Hadleigh Park Olympic Mountain Bike Course and Trails, 18km, Essex, England
    2. …
    3. …

emyr

Lady Cannings, Sheffield. Short and sweet.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Even finding new trails at existing centres is difficult.The funding started to dry up a few years ago.

iain1775
    Free Member

couple of new runs opened at Bike Park Wales this year
    and a new run at Antur Stiniog (may have been 2014)?

Was the new trail at Cwm Carn, and Blade and Penhydd at Afan 2015 or 2014?

The Steel City track at Greno in Sheffield was pretty much completely rebuilt

Been an bit of activity in Northern Ireland I think, not sure where or what in 2015 though

euain

Tarland Trails (Aberdeenshire) – not huge but a great wee facility for those in the area and for kids looking to practise skills.

scotroutes

Some new stuff at Comrie Croft

v666ern
    Free Member

417 Project isnt far off (rode past tuesday night)
    https://www.facebook.com/FlyupDH

P-Jay
    Free Member

South Wales

The Cognation project ended last year in South Wales so there haven’t been any new trails in a little while at the Centres – Blade, Cafall and the re-jigged Penhydd were late 2013 / early 2014, any new centre stuff will come when they rebuild Twrch if the felling ever ends. At least there’s a full time MTB ranger and a maintenance team so the trails get refreshed quite often.

BPW doesn’t consider itself a Trail Centre (and as it costs me £20 / £30 every time I go there I’m going to agree with them) but they’ve opened Terry’s Belly and 50 Shades of Black this year and are no doubt working or at least planning more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘List of new MTB trails/trail centres opened in 2015’ is closed to new replies.