Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lisbon anyone been if so recommendations
  • vondally
    Free Member

off t’ Lisbon for 5 nights so what is good to see, something off the beaten track , any recommendations for drink……coffee/wine/beer…..food vegetarian only,

thanks

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Bairro Alto for drinking. Some of the best nights out I’ve ever had, far better than Shoreditch, Soho and Camden etc. It’s pretty crowded on a Friday and Saturday evenings but most of the locals drink on the streets so you can always find somewhere to sit. When you’re sat in a bar it feels like you’re worlds away from London, feels a little bit developing worldish….in a good way.

Wont find much in the way of veggie food unless you’re one of the fake veggies that eat fish. Seafood, seafood everywhere.

There’s not a tonne off the beaten track in central lisbon itself, as the part of Lisbon you can travel around on the metro is fairly small. It’s a pretty spread out and dispersed metropolitan area out side of the central part. It’s beautiful though, the wine is cheap and the pastries are amazeballs. Just watch out for dog shit.

vondally
    Free Member

cheers tom

we are real veggies alas

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Make sure you go up to the castle, theres a pretty good little cafe up there….the last one on your left after you pass the church. If you circle around the bottom of the hill with the castle by turning left at the massive arch….so the castle is on your left and the sea on the right, you will eventually run into some streets full of little restaurants that are pretty out of the way. We thought we were travelling away from the good parts until we bumped into them.

You should find some veggie food, I just don’t think the choice will be that huge. Not to sure though as I’m not a veggie.

Moses

Are you a medicinal chemist by any chance?

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers Tom

Moses no not at all, a common confusion between coffee shops…..

grum
    Free Member

Suddenly seems like everyone is going to Lisbon! I’ll be there in a few weeks too. I’m doing a dj gig in a place called Cascais that looks pretty nice – about 40 mins on a scenic train journey from Lisbon apparently.

vondally
    Free Member

tis is the place…………………..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lisbon anyone been if so recommendations’ is closed to new replies.