Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Liquids and flying
  • matt_outandabout

Are they still fussy?
    Am I going to have like my toothpaste and deodorant confiscated if they are ‘normal’ size?

peteimpreza

Yes

njee20
    Free Member

Sadly so

atlaz
    Free Member

Anything over 100ml is going in the bin. Don’t be a dick about it when you get to security either, it just delays everyone else. I’ve had a few instances of this over the last year or so when people spend 10 mins arguing how their 200 quid moisturiser made from the tears of baby jesus should be allowed through. It’s right up there with the moron last week who said “I’ve taken my belt off” when you could clearly see they were wearing a belt.

Summary; smaller sizes 😉

matt_outandabout

*heads off to buy weeeny stuff*
    I bet they wont let me take a razor in hand baggage either…*mutters*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends where you are!
    Internal Oz flights are fine with any thing up to a case of wine. However if your aerosol doesn’t have a lid it’s in the bin.

nickjb
    Free Member

Has to be a proper small tube as well. The chap in front of me had his almost empty tube confiscated. There must have been about a half a squeeze left in it but it was a 150ml tube.

matt_outandabout

Just internal. Heading for south coast for a few days.

unovolo
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but I have been through security with a small victorinox penknife on my keyring on numerous occasions and only had it looked at once.

So why is it acceptable to carry a small knife on a plane that if I was so inclined I could easily stab or slash someone with, but I cannot carry a normal tube of toothpaste?

And on a recent journey to Majorca they lady in front of us had a couple of individual cartons of baby formula which are sealed to keep them sterile, the attendant made her open them and sip from each thus defeating the object of carrying the sterile formula for her baby,all seems a bit daft after my above statement.

Flaperon

Because you can’t blow up the plane with your penknife. The UK is the only country in Europe to impose these pointless restrictions (though the Danes can be petty too). Whether or not this is because we’re more likely to have a homegrown terrorist, or simply so the airport can sell you all your confiscated stuff back at inflated prices, I don’t know.

zokes
    Free Member

So why is it acceptable to carry a small knife on a plane that if I was so inclined I could easily stab or slash someone with, but I cannot carry a normal tube of toothpaste?

To make you feel safer, mmmmkay

atlaz
    Free Member

The Security Carnival is not to be questioned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Liquids and flying’ is closed to new replies.