Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lip Protection?
  • FOG

Despite using various lip salves, I still end up with cracked and chapped lips after a day out on the bike. Anybody recommend one that keeps sun as well as rain and wind at bay?

cinnamon_girl

Use one that has an SP factor, ie Neutrogena etc. Keep reapplying, don’t lick it off either!

simon1975

stumpy01

I keep a tin of that there Vaseline (above) in my pocket when I ride, mainly through the summer. I use the green one, just because.
    You need to keep sticking it on regularly.
    You’ll probably find that you instinctively lick your lips when riding (I do) and that’s what causes the problem in the fist place. You lick your lips, they dry out, you lick them again, they dry out, they start getting sore & dry so you lick them more…..etc.

My yin has even got the scars of falling off – it’s dented to bits.

They are only a quid or so, so it’s worth getting a few tins and putting one in the car, one in your Camelbak etc…..

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

I find Boots own brand of lip salve very good – even got SPF15 in it. On a plus note it still keeps it shape after a 40 degrees wash.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Wear lipstick?

stumpy01

crotchrocket – Member
    Wear lipstick?

Stains your Camelbak bite valve…..

crotchrocket
    Free Member

A chamois pad in your shorts with a female specific saddle will help.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I find Vasoline is the best if you get the orange tin it comes with an SPF 15 in it, blue tin is normal and green is aloe vera. Whatever you do don’t get the pink tin .. that’s for a hint of rose colour in it!

stumpy01

crotchrocket – Member
    Wear lipstick?

Munqe-chick – Member
    Whatever you do don’t get the pink tin .. that’s for a hint of rose colour in it

Sounds like the best of both worlds?? 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lip Protection?’ is closed to new replies.