• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lionel Messi Golden Ball
  • poah
    Free Member

WTF

wanmankylung
    Free Member

He wasn’t even the best player in the team never mind the competition.

jon1973
    Free Member

nicko74

meh, I can see both sides of it. Argentina were deeply, deeply average, but Messi was the linchpin of the team and got them to the final. It’s not about best team, and while Germany were good value, they didn’t have one single player who stood so far above the rest in the same way.

Jamie
    Free Member

meh, I can see both sides of it. Argentina were deeply, deeply average, but Messi was the linchpin of the team and got them to the final. It’s not about best team, and while Germany were good value, they didn’t have one single player who stood so far above the rest in the same way.

The Golden Ball is for the whole tournament, not just the two teams who play in the final.

Bottom line is, if Maradona says it is a fix, and is right. Then you’re in trouble.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-2014-diego-maradona-says-lionel-messi-won-the-golden-ball-because-of-marketing-9604750.html

wrightyson
    Free Member

Should’ve gone to Rooney!

botanybay
    Free Member

Glen Johnson for me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Serious answer: there can only have been one: Schweinsteiger.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Mascherano.

mrhoppy

James Rodriguez, pig climber, Robben, Neuer.

muggomagic

there were a few players i can think of in the tournament, that really stood out.
    James Rodríguez
    Arjen Robben
    Tim Howard
    Alexis Sanchez
    Paul Pogba
    Messi (we just had glimpses of his brilliance)
    The fella with the headband for Costa Rica
    I think Germany didn’t really have any stand out players (other than Neuer) which kinda shows what a great team they are.

So for me it would have been James Rodríguez, top scorer and definitely the most exciting player.

MSP

Schweinswteiger and Mascherano are the 2 that got better as the competition progressed and really showed their worth as the quality of opponents improved and asked more of them. Mascherano just takes it for me for having to work in a team not quite working together as well as the Germans and getting their tactics wrong.

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely Mascherano. Monster of a player, best I’ve ever seen in that position.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

These awards are forgotten anyway right?.

Jamie
    Free Member

These awards are forgotten anyway right?.

Which awards?

Waheey!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lionel Messi Golden Ball’ is closed to new replies.