Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lion battery summer stowage
  • wormhole

help me out if you can! do you know if i should stow my Lion Battery full charge or run it down and then stow away for the summer?

thanks.

lowey

Smudge offa here told me to store at 80% charge.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

this is from Lumicycle website:

Store the the battery in a cool place (in the fridge is great….not the freezer!).
    For best battery life store the battery at around 50% of charge.
    To revitalize your battery after storage: charge fully. Use ½-¾ of battery. Fully recharge again. Your Li-Ion Battery is now ready to go!

elliptic
    Free Member

Sure he said 80% charge? 40% is the usual figure quoted.

Also, put it in the fridge.

Pauly

Half charge and in the fridge guys and gals.

abductee
    Free Member

If a Li-ion runs completely flat it will not recharge. If you force it to recharge it may explode. The shelf life is determined by level of charge and temperature. More charge + high temp = shorter life. The self discharge of a lion is less than ni-mh but if you store it with too little charge it may fall below the point where it will charge back up again so its a compromise between not enough charge = dead battery or too much charge = shorter life.

you can read about it here if you have some matchsticks to prop your eyes open with.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2873403

knott4me
    Free Member

this is a minefield guys & there is a lot of info on the net inc the fridge option which has been flawed by the experts on so many different accounts so avoid that advice.

aracer
    Free Member

Keep it away from tigers.

NZCol

My battery guy said to store mine having fully charged then run the lgith for an hour or so, stick them in a ziplock and put them in the back of the cupboard. Sometime about temperature fluctuations etc.
    Anyway, have always done that and they are all about 3 or 4 yrs old now and hold full charge and seem to last basically as long as they always have. Thats amix of 4.4ah and 6.something ah ones that I use with with my iBlaaaaaast or Endurenz as it was.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lion battery summer stowage’ is closed to new replies.