Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Linking Wessenden to Standedge cutting – Black Moss?
  • spawnofyorkshire

I’ve usualy dropped to the bottom resevoir and then headed up past the golf course on the road before cutting onto the pennine way.
    What’s the black moss way like? I’m wanting to go that way this sunday but not if it’s a quagmire

Also how is the Marsden bridleway decent riding at the moment? Haven’t been down since April when it was like riding down a small brook

qtip

I’m an ex-Marsdenite, so cannot tell you what the Marsden bridleway descent (I presume you mean the packhorse descent) is like at the minute. However, Black Moss is boggy for the majority of the year. It’s also not a great trail if ridden in the direction you’re going in.

spawnofyorkshire

Thanks qtip for the heads up, i’ll stick to my usual route then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sam3000

I’d wait until it freezes over. Should be sound then

jonnyrockymountain

It will be fine, there are only a few boggy bits but it’s been dry all week, so shouldn’t be too bad, anyway half of its paving slabs

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

A week ago it was perfect, last weekend it was a bogfest , not been that muddy in at least a year, everything caked.

Willykay clough descent from the pennine way into tunnel end/marsden was really wet Saturday, we both said until next year for that route

Shame really as holmfirth, Emley, mirfield has been dry for weeks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Linking Wessenden to Standedge cutting – Black Moss?’ is closed to new replies.