• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Linkedin Skills Endorsements
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Recently people have been endorsing my skills in Linkedin. I haven’t asked for this and just wondered if.

a) its because Linkedin has been suggesting to these people that they should endorse me

and/or

b) are these people looking for me to endorse their skills in return?

Personally I am not convinced about the usefulness of the skills bit.

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah i deleted mine yesterday. Some of them didn’t apply to me i thought.

scuzz
    Free Member

It just comes up randomly on their screen ‘Does X know about Y?’ with a choice between yes and no.
    I like receiving skill endorsements from people I hardly know concerning skills I barely possess.
    😀

Stoner
    Free Member

a) Yes, there’s a dialogue box in a frame at th etop occasionally asking if youd like to endorse skills that are claimed by your connections. I click a dozen “yes” then get bored and close the frame

b) it would be nice. Always take take take eh?

Coincidentally have just clicked on a profile of someone who has just connected to me, and first thing it does is ask if I want to endorse her skills….

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It asks you to endorse them when you visit a contacts page. I got asked to endorse a load of skills yesterday. I didnt, not because he dosent have them, but I felt i’s not really my place… Bit of a useless feature imo.

scuzz
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as a useless feature in social networking! Every new development must be pounced upon to better cultivate your personal brand!

atlaz
    Free Member

I appear to be an expert in several things I know a lot about but certainly half the people who endorsed me couldn’t possibly know. Am I missing the boat by being honest and not endorsing people for skills they don’t have?

footflaps

It just comes up randomly on their screen ‘Does X know about Y?’ with a choice between yes and no.
    I like receiving skill endorsements from people I hardly know concerning skills I barely possess.

+1

Utter nonsense really….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

LI is starting to annoy me. Premium benefits are generally a waste. Notifications irritating – err, I think people do look at who’s accessed their profile, and you might be interested in this job farcical. Great for looking how mates egg up their profiles though.

Endorsements are bllx on there too.

br
    Free Member

Premium benefits are generally a waste

people other than recruitment agents pay for stuff?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Linkedin Skills Endorsements’ is closed to new replies.