Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Linked in.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Any users?
    Any good?
    What experiences do you have?

Or is it just Facebook for adults?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I first used it when looking for a job. I have used it since then to check out customers before I meet them and for a bit of job hunting. I only log on when I need something rather than lurking on there. It is a useful business tool rather than a chat forum.

Stoner
    Free Member

Wot the big guy ^ said.

Clients have used it, and I use it to check out contacts too.

badnewz
    Free Member

just do it will change your life.

donsimon
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, I registered last week and was wondering how people find it.

badnewz – Member

just do it will change your life.

It already has. 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds like I should really make the effort then. Been on the to do list for quite a while now.

iDave
    Free Member

I find plaxo more useful, and internations if you're an expat or your work relates to expats

spacemonkey

I've been on LI for about 5-6 years but haven't bothered to try getting much out of it. Tis useful for finding people, especially those in your industry that you want to source or find out about.

Personally I haven't had much come of it, but I know people that put a more effort into it and have had some good returns.

IMO, I prefer Ecademy – much more interactive and social.

belgianbob

I've had many friends rave about LinkedIn, about how it helped them get more work, change jobs etc and joined a few months ago to see if it would change my life, but it simply hasn't.
    I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I can't see it being revolutionary any time soon…

iDave
    Free Member

b-bob, your view is like holding a gun in your hands in the middle of a forest and complaining that you're hungry. you have to use it regularly to get any benefit. logging in to see what's happened isn't enough.

Philby

I'm on it – haven't found it of much use, but as with most networking things you never know when something will come out of it.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Use it a lot for work. I do a lot of business meetings, and it's nice/useful to be able to see someone's background beforehand. It's also a great way to get headhunted.

PS: long time lurker, 1st time poster. I'm new here – please don't steal my lunch money or throw my shoes over the roof 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm on it, a lot of IT recruiters use it to find people for jobs. I get a lot of emails that way.

lunge

I use it, it has it's uses, good for catching up with people and finding out about peoples backgrounds. I work in recruitment though so I guess I am the kind of person it is designed for.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Linked in.’ is closed to new replies.