Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Lings Cars
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Following on from an earlier thread, Lings cars was recommended as a source of cheap new motors.

I’ve seen the (awful) website before but never really took in the prices. Holy Crap!

Merc E estate for £400 p/m at 20,000 miles pa sounds too good to be true.

Is it? Or has anyone on here actually dealt with them?

Experiences welcome.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the merc deal is based on the fact that after the lease the merc is worth more to flog on…..

cheap cars dont always make good lease cars when it comes to consumers

lemonysam
    Free Member

The website is a marketing ploy. A phenomenally successful one.

johndoh
    Free Member

Some great deals on Mercs all over – not looked at E Classes but seen C Classes for £248, SLKs for similar. So before you push the button, check that they are in fact best prices. I looked at Q5s on her site and I have found them for £100 a month less elsewhere.

righog
    Free Member

We have used Ling. No problems only good service.

Edit : She can be straight talking, You need a good credit score, not sure if that is the same with all leases but she was quite vocal on the point !

I_Ache
    Free Member

I dont understand some of the prices. How can a E220 be cheaper by over £100 a month than a BMW 118?

johndoh
    Free Member

Residual prices and the deals she can get from Merc in the first place to put a registration on the car.

I got an outgoing model Audi A6 SLine Special Edition for less than a basic Mondeo two years ago (direct from Audi) – they just want the car registered and on the road at whatever cost it takes.

Drac

Manufacturers also offer different discounts for large sales numbers but as mentioned the big resale value is what allows the best price.

BoardinBob

Just leased a car through Ling. On the surface the website looks like a riot but it’s actually by far the best leasing website I found. Everything is laid out simply and easy to see. Once you start the process you get access to a behind the scenes members area and all communication goes through that. They’re super quick at responding to everything and guide you through the entire process. It took less than a month from ordering to receiving the car and her prices were impossible to beat.

johndoh
    Free Member

Boardin – do they negotiate or is the price you see the price you pay?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

How can a E220 be cheaper by over £100 a month than a BMW…

Exactly. The MB is nearly half the cost of a Jag XF estate. Bonkers.

Anyone want to buy a 4 year old Merc E250 estate?

bearnecessities

seen C Classes for £248

Can you remember where??

johndoh
    Free Member

Nobody wants Mercs either (most of the engines get bad reviews) so they are doing all they can to get rid of stock.

But everyone still seems to want BMWs so the deals aren’t as good – people are happy to pay whatever it takes.

Also, for business users, the BMW will fall into more people’s class from the car list.

bearnecessities

Ah thanks John, but mine would be private contract so not quite as amazing, but still not bad.

*puts credit card & driving licence away

johndoh
    Free Member

Sorry – being a business user I automatically assume everyone else is!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Merc garage near my work has massive posters outside at the moment for C-Class’ at ~£240 a month IIRC. From what I’ve read, Merc are having a bit of a hard time of it at the moment so seems like they’re trying to shift cars however cheap they can!

adi66
    Free Member

… do the lease prices on lings include all insurance too ?

And can you put a private plate on the car ? (without loosing the plate to a finance company! ?)

adi66
    Free Member

… Oh and whats the definition of a “business user” ?

Mrs Smith has her own small (VAT registered, and all that) business, so do we qualify as being a business user.

Ta

johndoh
    Free Member

If put through her books then yes – it will be declared as a tax deductible expense if she is a sole trader so makes tax sense too.

No, won’t include insurance – how could they quote inc. insurance as everyone’s will be different! Some include maintenance and tyres though. All include road fund licence tax.

BoardinBob

Boardin – do they negotiate or is the price you see the price you pay?

The price I saw online is the price I’m paying

… do the lease prices on lings include all insurance too ?

No

And can you put a private plate on the car ? (without loosing the plate to a finance company! ?)

A colleague leases and he has a private plate. A bit of a faff if I remember correctly and it can be done. You’ll just need to switch it back before the end of the lease.

birney29
    Free Member

What is the typical early termination fee on cars from Ling?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That will depend on the car, surely? I’m sure it’s spelled out in the T’s & C’s.

birney29
    Free Member

Yes, it will vary. That’s why I asked for the typical cost. There is no set limit on the website. Think you have to apply to get the definitive cost, rather than the actual.

zokes
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

She will appear here within the next few days.

BoardinBob

What is the typical early termination fee on cars from Ling?

I’m on a 3 year deal. I can terminate after a year and hand the car back with no penalty. If I terminate before a year I have to pay the remaining balance for the 1st year.

birney29
    Free Member

BoardinBob – that seems like a very good deal. Much better than my old lease deal.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just a bit – mine was 50% of remaining payments for the duration of the 3 years (Lex Autolease). Still it meant I got to keep my impractical sporty thing for 2.5 years after my twins were born 🙂

Now I am in family car hell.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Lings Cars’ is closed to new replies.