Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Line of duty – what's happening? [poss spoilers]
  • geoffj

…and who was the protected witness?

Confused 😕

geoffj

Bump for the day shift.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Quite a lot in 2 episodes….which bit don’t you get?

If the ID of the witness has been revealed, it’s gone over my head (as may have much other stuff)

mps711
    Free Member

The identity of the witness hasn’t been revealed yet.

stumpy01

No idea. But it’s bloody good though!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It appeared as though the identity of the witness had something to do (lingering camera shot or was it just me?) with the female DC (can’t remember her name) who was thrown out of the hospital window.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I didn’t get that DD – tho she might have been killed as she did see and/or ID him?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, maybe it was just me then.

geoffj

It appeared as though the identity of the witness had something to do (lingering camera shot or was it just me?) with the female DC (can’t remember her name) who was thrown out of the hospital window.

This is what I thought although there is so much going on with all the polis top brass, its hard to know where its going.
    Also the photo fit looks a lot like that Ackers chap!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is what I thought

Ha! Not just me then Al. 😮

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmm, I may have to rewatch it, maybe it was because she saw the killer she got done in?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen of your taste in TV, I’m surprised I even like the same things as you anyway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I CBA with most TV and no doubt miss some good stuff.

I am also spoilt by HBO – the Wire etc make everything else look less good.

porlus
    Free Member

We think its going to link in with the missing child case she has started looking at. Possible peodo ring linking some high ranking police. Just a guess though.

geoffj

We think its going to link in with the missing child case she has started looking at. Possible peodo ring linking some high ranking police. Just a guess though.

Sounds plausible – in a wallander stylee

Did anyone else spot Gina McKee in the missing persons file denton was looking at?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Also the photo fit looks a lot like that Ackers chap!

Just before the girl was thrown out of the window there was a shot of the guy with a surgical mask on. I immediately thought it was him too.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So now we know who the witness was. The investigation is moving forward, is the Dep Ch Con guilty or will it all come full circle and Denton is… and what about the cash for the Akers… seems like they gave alot away last night so I reckon there is one more sting to come but what?

Answering only “yes” or “no” are you lovin it?

mps711
    Free Member

Did anyone else spot Gina McKee in the missing persons file denton was looking at?

I noticed that, she was one of the main characters in the 1st series, I thought there may be a link to the current case, but maybe it was just the programme makers playing around.

thepurist

Love the links back to the 1st series. I’m still not sure about Denton, seems too straight forward. I reckon the ‘other lot’ who are handling the body forensics have got some involvement but nobody’s clean as far as I can see.

Merak

Is the big obnoxious DI from witness protection, the one who was in the first series on Gates’s team? Deputy chief constable what done it but hell hath no fury etc..

thepurist

Yep IIRC he’s the one who was “turned* at the end, which makes his rise through the ranks suspicious and his personal recommendation to AC12 from the top brass.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ooh just seen the trailer for extra week. Looks good.

Any of you enjoyed his previous work? Bodies is excellent.

geoffj

Just watched on the iplayer. Very good although not exactly light entertainment.
    Still no wiser with the witness though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just watched on the iplayer. Very good although not exactly light entertainment.
    Still no wiser with the witness though.

Yeah, same here. At the end of Episode 2, it was implied that the witness reveal was going to be some big thing that would blow the whole story to bits. But Episode 3 didn’t seem to dwell on the witness thing so much. It’s good though – still no clue what’s going on as far as who’s suss and who’s not. The DCC is slimier than a Scottish lawyer running a marathon in drag, that’s for sure. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

😡

Seriously though, the witness isn’t Mr Big from series 1?

I’m Irish btw…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I missed out on series 1 🙁

(You’re Irish? I take it all back Al. Everything. Going right back. Even your taste in music. 🙂 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

You may have a get-out…I’m Northern…

geoffj

That Dryden is a wrongun!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Loving it.

thepurist

Just caught up. Interesting to see how the “caddy” line develops, and looks like there’s a whole lot more explaining to do from Mr Dryden.

geoffj

That Denton is a wrongun!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Loving it.

FREE DENTON!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Dentons the one for me.

She’s manipulated Dryden into the call, probably arranged with Prasad for the child to be taken to him in the car for the photos, blackmailing as a psycho for the termination. Remeber how sharp she was in episodes 1 and 2 with getting records ect.

I just don’t get yet how she ties in with the witness protection.

geoffj

Not sure what to make of it really. Denton appeared to be an unwilling accomplice although she shouldn’t have taken the cash. The caddy is a wrongun though!

thepurist

Liked the imagery of the caddy being exposed on a golf course, but in this case they got the wrong man/woman. Series 3’s nicely set up too.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Line of duty – what's happening? [poss spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.